MWEST94

Reaction score
In my Brighton save I have both Gareth Barry and Michael carrick who are both 35 and I have a choice whether to release them or offer them new deals. Both played 10-15 games last season each and both players can still offer experience and quality. But I feel it stifles some of my younger players and back up ones. Currently have frimpong, bridcutt, Forster-caskey, chalobah and a couple of promising youngsters vying for their positions.

what should I do release or keep? Was also contemplating keeping them in the reserves to tutor some youngsters.

get rid of barry but with Carrick ask him if he wants a coaching role at the club if you wanna check for his preferred coach role thing go on his bio and look at his information then should say would prefer to take up a ....... role when his playing days are up. Thats what i do with like Rio, Franky etc.

If they both have high determination, keep them. Tutoring in this game is the MOST important thing in developing youngsters, other than good coaches, and facilities.