aditya2106

Reaction score
I am managing Southampton in season 1, and the board provided me with 0 budget, and thus i need to sell before buying.. I want to buy Balanta and Timo Horn at any cost and cant figure out who to sell..
Team are not ready to buy my "unwanted" players and at this moment, i can sell only Schneiderlin out of players in my first 11....
The highest am able to get for him at the moment is 20 mn( his value is 11mn)..
Should i sell him?
Can buy Nicolas Lodeiro for 5.75 to replace him(not of his position, but can change my tactics to replace him) and have Balanta and central defense and Timo Horn in goal...

sell him and try and pick up shelvey or veratti. you would probably have to do a structured deal but i think you could lure him to come.

sell him and try and pick up shelvey or veratti. you would probably have to do a structured deal but i think you could lure him to come.

I wont be able to buy Horn and Balanta then.. Which one should i sacrifice to get Shelvey/Verratti in? Goal is a problem for Southampton and so does defense...

go to board and ask for funds you should get ?10m or so personally id keep him hes a great DLP and can get ?30m plus next season. if you sell look at Aaron Hunt hes a DLP and a ST for ?5m is good and you can get people like NB from Arsenal for ?1m

I wont be able to buy Horn and Balanta then.. Which one should i sacrifice to get Shelvey/Verratti in? Goal is a problem for Southampton and so does defense...

I would go with Shelvey, gonna get him for cheaper if he wants to come and he will provide you with more goals. Just play him as a box to box or advanced playmaker and put him on a training regimen to improve him in that role. Also sacrifice horn and go for Balanta. He will be an animal for you. He is a sure bet.

Last edited:
Also they may be more likely to give you wage funds so ask for that and then slide it to your transfer budget.

Sell him, loan Veratti (You can get him for like 50% wages). Pedro Obiang can sometimes be a cheap option too.

Then get Timo Horn or ter Stegen (If you can lure him away from Barcelona - get in there quick).

Striker-wise... get Volland in, if you can afford his 12.75million release clause. If not, sign Luiciano Vietto then you'll have a front three choice of Lambert, Rodriguez and Vietto.

Ask your board for more money. You should be able to get roughly 10million. If you need any more, sell Luke Shaw and replace him with Jonathan Silva maybe?

Sign Pugliese and Andrija Zivkovic on approach to signs. Alberto Cerri too, if you can. Next season, approach to sign Tom Ince as well.

Balanta is a good signing (sign him over Horn if you have too as Horn's price seems to remain the same in the future). Doria could be another option to look at.

in my first season with southampton i made no signings and finished 7th i secured euro cup because chelsea who finished 6th already won the fa cup so they secured euro cup next season but they won the champions league that season so the euro cup got passed down tto me and so in my second season i made some signings;

timo horn - 4.5 mill
balanta-8.75 mill
veratti -- 12.5 mill
morata -9mill
ince- free
menez- free

psg also enquired about schneiderlin so i raised it to 20 mill and they accepted now i have a remaining budget of 17 mil, i also sold osvaldo for 13 mill to valencia

Your striker should definitely be Batshuayi. Can star for any premier league side, and is very versatile in the roles he can play. His value is greater than his price because he has a buy-out clause of 6.75 mill