Should I sell my youngsters? - Lower League Team

Ricky Kinsman

Reaction score
So, I'm managing Concord Rangers and have just been promoted to BSP. I somehow managed to sign 3 very good, 16/17 year olds on free transfers, who have the potential to be leading championship / decent Premier League players.

One of players was league top scorer and has drawn attention from some of the better championship clubs. Nottingham Forrest have offered £1.3m (plus 25% of next sale) and will loan him back until end of year. I'm in two minds whether to accept. On one hand the money would clear the club's £120k debt and give a chunk of cash to develop infrastructure and allow for some reinvestment. But then I think about how important he is to the club and that with his age and potential he could help us make step up to championship and grow with us.

what does everyone else think?

Sell, you could get alot of quality players with that money. I wouldn't like to become a team that relies on one player to score all the goals. Your choice though mate

Thanks for the response.

Is there a risk the chairman will just pocket the cash though? I must admit having write the post above I did begin to convince myself that selling him was best thing. He's also probably never going to reach his full potential with my ***** coaches and facilities tbh. Just liked the thought of having a core of 3 or 4 players take me from BSS to the PL :-( never mind.

Thanks for the response.

Is there a risk the chairman will just pocket the cash though? I must admit having write the post above I did begin to convince myself that selling him was best thing. He's also probably never going to reach his full potential with my ***** coaches and facilities tbh. Just liked the thought of having a core of 3 or 4 players take me from BSS to the PL :-( never mind.

In the finances section, check to see the percentage of transfer revenue that is made available, that will tell you whether or not your chairman will pocket the cash. Even with 50% of the revenue from that sale, and with the right signings, you could get consecutive promotions to the Championship or Premier League.

Add in a percentage of next sale clause to ensure you'll get some money from a future transfer. And be sure to negotiate the highest price you possibly can! Good luck!

Sell, you get the Million and him for another Season that he may help you to the League and 25% of the next sale will be very handy, You can always find great free transfers for strikers

No single player should be bigger than the club.
Its up to you, however.
I would sell him on and bring in other players, though. Try to negotiate for the highest you can get and add a percentage of next sale clause and maybe add a loan back for a season clause if you can!

OP here on other account.

So... I sold him for £1.4m, plus 25% of next sale and loaned him back for the season. Unfortunately, I only got 5% of the transfer fee but that upped my wage limit by another £4k a week and gave around £60k for spending on new players. The club cleared their debts and improved the training facilities with still over a £1m in the bank. He's also still here this season and has banged in 10 goals before Christmas!

I would have liked to have kept him and developed him along with the club, but tbh I doubt he would reach his potential here.

Cheers for the input fellas.

OP here on other account.

So... I sold him for £1.4m, plus 25% of next sale and loaned him back for the season. Unfortunately, I only got 5% of the transfer fee but that upped my wage limit by another £4k a week and gave around £60k for spending on new players. The club cleared their debts and improved the training facilities with still over a £1m in the bank. He's also still here this season and has banged in 10 goals before Christmas!

I would have liked to have kept him and developed him along with the club, but tbh I doubt he would reach his potential here.

Cheers for the input fellas.
Could u post a screenshot also what year are u in

Random question, do you have the lower league DB added? I have the level 12 one (with only the league(s) below the confrence N/S playable). And I found a few free 16 year olds with championship potential and N/S CA. Never got any decent youngsters on FM 14 before league 2 before.