sry81uk

Reaction score
I am 3 seasons in with united and he is now 30. I have built a great formation and team for the new season but it dosent leave any space for rooney. I feel i should sell him but fear there could be a bad fan reaction if i do

How does he perform ?
Is he good ?

Ino he's a legend,but he is old,and there are a lot of players much better than him...

nothing wrong at all with his performance level he just dosent fit my new look team as i was playing 2cm's and an amc with rooney as the amc. but my rebuilt midfield is now a dmc and 2 cm's. I cant play rooney as a striker as i have RVP and falcao for that role with henriquez as backup and i only play with 1 striker. its a jigsaw and the pieces dont fit :)

Would he fit one of the CM roles?

I find his stats drop very quickly as he ages (faster than other players) so if you can sell him I don't see why not.

Although in my game he is a club legend so I probably won't - I need to feel the love of the people :)

I sold him on my united save at the end of season 3 as up top I have Wilson who's a beast and zivkovic and he won't get infront of my midfield 2 of Romero and pogba. I got 27 million for him as he had a ok season for me playing about 50% of games

sell him
i sold him to tottenham at the age of 33 and got only 1 mil.....
surely fans and board were disappointed, but that did not have any large impact
he is my favorite player but no player is bigger than the club

I sell him every United save. Falcao is far superior as is RVP if you can keep him fit.

You'll fetch a comfy 30-35m for Rooney and you can get much better in the game.

i have decided to sell him and RVP. I will obviously keep Falcao as my main striker with Henriquez as back up. Once Falcao starts to loose his for and stats as he is now 30 I will look to find a decent replacement. Then my squad is set for years as the rest of my team is early to mid 20's. Happy times ahead for me!!!!

I think rooney will not be sold. now see the game. very mature and can play in many positions.
o.png