Audiotwist

Reaction score
FOR:

He's been in decline since the 2012 season. I'm in 2013 now and his value and attributes are continuously decreasing despite the fact he has gotten approx 30 games this season and no serious injury.

I could still be able to sell him for £35-40m. Man United are in a **** financial position which leaves me with only around £10m by the end of the season before the League and TV payouts and all that, so I can't buy anyone good until the next season or two, as the amount of debt being paid off only slightly decreases every few months.
He's also on a £180,000/$250,000 a week salary and his contract runs out in 2 years.

Hernandez, Welbeck, and Berbatov have been playing really well over the two seasons and I have good reserve strikers on low salaries.

AGAINST:

He's begging me to stay at the club.

He's scored 15 goals in total and has a rating of 7.2 which is decent.

I feel sorry for his virtual self.
Our private chat went:
(assertively) i dont want to leave
(calmly) i dont see a future for you at the club
(reluctantly) i can still be part of the team, youre being unfair
(calmly) this is my decision
(passionately) im desperate to stay at the club

Image here shows his stats and how they declined, the graph timeline is a year?
Any thoughts on this situation?

IN SHORT:

hes declining.
hes only 27.
yet hes still decent.
hes rooney.

should I sell him?

Last edited:
No. He's begging to stay, and if you do sell him; the players that favour him will probably get upset. 15 goals in 30 games isn't bad either :S

you'd be crazy to sell rooney, play him as a complete forward with hernadez as a poacher beside him, you will get results and goals, maybe not as many goasl from rooney but definatly will play a big part in chicaritos goals! keep rooney!

Nah you'd be stupid to sell him. He's quality, deep lying forward for me (support). He's quality. I had some serious bad luck with him on one of my games, he was 4 star then out for 8 months ACL and came back 2 star, I had to let him go on a free, he was my skipper and he ended up at Swansea.

He is declining far too early in my opinion but like podo0 said, you would be crazy to sell him (unless your getting £50M+.) He can still do a decent job up front, he may not be as explosive as before so just use him to create chances.

Nah you'd be stupid to sell him. He's quality, deep lying forward for me (support). He's quality. I had some serious bad luck with him on one of my games, he was 4 star then out for 8 months ACL and came back 2 star, I had to let him go on a free, he was my skipper and he ended up at Swansea.
This is what's happening with him on my save. He's still scoring goals but he's continuously declining and eventually going to ask for a better contract despite turning **** at 28 and there's so many strikers I could get for half of his salary and value.

With his amazing mental attributes, he could win important games for you. He´s the leader of the team, no mather how old...
Just keep him untill he retires, he doesn´t have to be first team player! Maybe he´ll become a good coach.

Alright I'll keep him see how he does next season. I'm thinking of using a 4-2-3-1 more often. (4-2-4 / 4-4-2 atm)

to be fool to sell him

if he scores, then why sell him

Last edited:
FOR:

I feel sorry for his virtual self.
Our private chat went:
(assertively) i dont want to leave
(calmly) i dont see a future for you at the club
(reluctantly) i can still be part of the team, youre being unfair
(calmly) this is my decision
(passionately) im desperate to stay at the club

omg that part broke my heart, i can just picture him sitting in the office in his little tracksuit and man utd scarf crying his eyes out!

and on a serious note, hes on 180k a week now, imagine the contract hes going to ask for in 2 years. it will be huge and hes greedy agent with problably want 6 million for f**k all. its a hard thing to do but i would sell up.

saying this, ive never actually sold rooney myself

and on a serious note, hes on 180k a week now, imagine the contract hes going to ask for in 2 years. it will be huge and hes greedy agent with problably want 6 million for f**k all. its a hard thing to do but i would sell up.

saying this, ive never actually sold rooney myself​

Give his agent the max agents fee you can give and pump down the rest of the stuff. Because the agent's a greedy **** he'll agree to decrease Rooney's wages if he gets a huge agent's fee

Maybe it's something to do with your training schedule dude, Whenever I've managed UTD I've had his stats increase for a few seasons, before declining! I use Raikans training Schedules...

Yeah well I got rid only because he was out for 8 months with an ACL injury, but before that he banged in 6 in 4 games. If he's going rubbish then I'd only get rid in the worse case situation like mine. It was an unreal drop in ability from 4 stars to 2.

in 2015 in my save he was a free agent after a season earlier he played only 9 games at man utd. he declined a bit and atm arsenal signed him on a free.

OMFGG why on earth would you sell rooney !!! for me he has been Fantastic 30 + goals a season!! God knows what some of you have been doing to him but just put him on intensive finishing training!!! Never heard anyone on here looking at selling him instead of looking to get his wages off the books you could do better at getting rid of the dead wood. Rooney is immense....

Adapt his position, remember Scholes was playing alot further forward earlier in his career!

If he is begging to stay, don´t sell him... sell berbatov, he has a high wage, sure

Last edited:
Maybe you don't play him correctly and he goes on many games without scoring/assisting that's why his attributes decline a lot. To be honest, 7.2 rating is terrible for a world class like him.Try to offer him to clubs and if you can get 40M+, sell him and get Rossi/Cavani instead. I recommend Rossi since he can assist and score, like Rooney