Ellz501

Reaction score
Here is my Wanyama for Southampton:
View attachment 428377View attachment 428376
About to start my third season and a newly very very rich Newcastle enquired about him. Due to my curiosity, I demanded 40 million and they accepted!
View attachment 428375
Now I am stuck in a dilemma, I never really wanted to sell him due to his stats and high potential. I play him as a Half-back so its not the most ideal role for him (he has 4* ability for Half-back). But 40 million is a lot of money for a player valued at 15 million.
I have looked into replacements for his position, but to be honest there are not many out there who match his stats and potential.

Would you recommend selling and signing a replacement and then use the rest to buy a centre back to replace Lovren. Man City are selling Nastasic for around 18-20 million.
Or
Keep Wanyama, keep improving him and try to develop him into a Half-Back?

Any help is appreciated.

Many Thanks.

Last edited:
A screen shot of his career stats would be helpful :)

If I keep him, I wont have the funds for Nastasic, so Lovren will stay in my starting 11.
if I sell i could get Nastasic and a replacement for Wanyama. But I am not sure if I could get one who has Wanyama's ability and potential

Only problem is that 'Must respond' in the top corner is either declining or accepting the offer. I've already stalled it a week while I looked for replacements. Only real possibility is M'Vila from Rubin Kazan

Keep him mate, he is worthy more then that, rare player in this FM. Are Balanta - Doria (my preferred pick btw two) already taken ? How about Caulker, Shawcross (sp? - know he is not youngster but he is stud) ?

Keep him mate, he is worthy more then that, rare player in this FM. Are Balanta - Doria (my preferred pick btw two) already taken ? How about Caulker, Shawcross (sp? - know he is not youngster but he is stud) ?

I will have a think about it pal, I signed Balanta at the beginning of my 2nd season. Centre Backs are Lovren and balanta, Lovren is not bad ('leading premiership defender' according to ability). But he seems to makes some easily avoidable mistakes.
Wanted a DC of near balanta's standards. Nastasic is the closest one in my price range. I have 18 million to spend and Porto signed Doria at the beginning of the game for 9 million. I think they would want too much for him.

Last edited:
I will have a think about it pal, I signed Balanta at the beginning of my 2nd season. Centre Backs are Lovren and balanta, Lovren is not bad ('leading premiership defender' according to ability). But he seems to makes some easily avoidable mistakes.
Wanted a DC of near balanta's standards. Nastasic is the closest one in my price range. I have 18 million to spend and Porto signed Doria at the beginning of the game for 9 million. I think they would want too much for him.

keep. keep. keep wanyama. He's worth more than 40 million. and DEFINITELY DONT SELL to a team that will rival you. Stick it out do well, win some stuff, and you'll get transfer budgets.

DO NOT SELL HIM!
You have perhaps the best DM in the game, why sell him unless you really need the money? You couldn't find a replacement as good as him.
He is bound to do well for you, I say use him for another few seasons then when he's 27/28, sell him for 40mill+
Only sell him if you feel he just isn't working in your tactic.

Don't sell him, as reiterated above. But if you really, really, really need the money, sell, and try to get Papadopoulous/Phil Jones for HB/BWM.

But on the whole, don't sell, you can easily get more for him.