cps100

Reaction score
Hi, I have a bit of a dilemma with one of my players. Here has a year left on his contract, but he wants RIDICULOUS wages. So should I just sell him?
  • He's 25
  • Currently on £1,500 a week but wants around £10,000 a week!
  • He's worth 3.4m (approximately)
  • He has asked for transfer
I've been looking for replacements but just wondering what you think I should do?

Hi, I have a bit of a dilemma with one of my players. Here has a year left on his contract, but he wants RIDICULOUS wages. So should I just sell him?
  • He's 25
  • Currently on £1,500 a week but wants around £10,000 a week!
  • He's worth 3.4m (approximately)
  • He has asked for transfer
I've been looking for replacements but just wondering what you think I should do?

Depends on the level you are playing at but to me, a player worth 3.4 mill demanding ONLY 10k/week sounds like a really good deal for you. If he has asked for a transfer, will he actually sign a new contract ?

Sorry I didn't really give context. I'm managing Stevenage, about to start 3rd season and we're in the Championship. I have tried before to give him the new contract but can only offer so much. My other players are generally on around 6/7k a week so it's a lot higher.

Ideally, I want to keep him but I am thinking if i can't get him to sign then i should sell rather than lose him for free in a year and invest the money in a replacement and better facilities.

Try offering lower wages but bumping up his bonuses. Give him high goal, team of the year, season landmark goals and international cap bonuses. And maybe low relegation release - depending on how likely that is to occur.

They usually accept lower wages that way and if you have to pay out on bonuses it's because he's actually producing for you.

If his goals or performances mean the difference between promotion or relegation, success or failure it will be money well spent.

And if he's not performing or scoring he won't cost all that much.

Yeah I've tried all those things and he just won't budge :( he's even demanding more money than before! He has got a few goals and assists but nothing outstanding over the last 2 seasons. Think i'll have to cash in on him...

is he using an agent? Give the greedy ahole a lot of money too.