Should i send youth players out on loan?

Forder22

Reaction score
Or keep them at the club if the facilities and coaches are really good?

I tend to keep the ones with huge potential who are ready for the first team & will get reasonable game-time/tutoring. The younger more raw players I send out on loan when they're 17 or over to a club with reasonable facilities & key player status although it depends what you prefer doing with youngsters really. For example I am PSV so I played Bakkali, Depay, Maher ect from the start but players like Zivkovic, Cerri, Nouri ect who I signed went out on loan & are developing well!

I keep them all until they have 20 years old. If they are valuable as backup i keep them, if not i loaned them, untill 22/23.

Loaning very young players can slow their development. Game time is important if the training facilities are also good. If not, they will not develop fast

What I do (imho the best thing to do) is put all my promising youngsters in the 1st team and just make em available for the -18 squad this way they receive top notch training while still playing regularly for the youth team. And I just play em in not so important cup matches and against really poor teams (where im almost 100% sure ill win)

I'll only let players go on loan to teams that have atleast good youth and training facilities to make sure they get good guidance, otherwise Ill just keep em and do what I usually do.

What I do (imho the best thing to do) is put all my promising youngsters in the 1st team and just make em available for the -18 squad this way they receive top notch training while still playing regularly for the youth team. And I just play em in not so important cup matches and against really poor teams (where im almost 100% sure ill win)

I'll only let players go on loan to teams that have atleast good youth and training facilities to make sure they get good guidance, otherwise Ill just keep em and do what I usually do.

I'm going to try that way sounds good to be honest, do the youngsters get top training if I made them available for my B team instead of U18's?

If your coaches have a good (+14) "Work with youngsters". If not, they will not work properly with them

As others have said both is the best approach as you need to keep their game time as high as possible for them to develop as well as being at a club with good youth facilities.

I have a 19 year old (at least I think he is still that young) winger that I have kept at the club since I bought him when he was 15 and gave him quite a bit of game time and he is already starting for Hollands senior team and he is 3.5 star CA out of 5 star PA for Liverpool. I know the stars are relative but to have 5 star PA for Liverpool he has to be good.

I have a couple of up and coming strikers that I am trying to do the same with by rotating them with Suarez and Feyrrera (spelling never looks right). I play a 4-4-2 so I can rotate them against smaller teams and also sub one or both when I am comfortable and ahead in a game

If your coaches have a good (+14) "Work with youngsters". If not, they will not work properly with them

True, but thats something I look for in all of my staff since im really fond of using youth players and a full homegrown team so yeah.

But its worth mentioning