MillerJA9

Reaction score
Third season with Coventry, achieved back-to-back promotions and find myself in the Premier League. With the help of a takeover I have managed to invest some money in the squad to help achieve promotion from the Championship, signing the likes of Dwight Gayle, Rhys McCabe and Harry Maguire to achieve this. I am now in pre-season for my first shot at success in the Prem and Benteke is available for ?15mill and I certainly have the funds. Already brought in Darren Fletcher and Will Hughes, which I'm very happy with as they're home-grown and cost me just ?6.2mill for the pair. Tried to sign Denswil for ?2.9mill but he chose Galatasaray but his deal fell through due to injury.

Due to the fact that Dwight Gayle didn't exactly set the Champ on fire, I don't have too much faith in him doing so in the Prem. Would Benteke for this price be worth it or should I look to cheaper/better alternatives? Also, with the Denswil deal potentially scuppered, who might be a good partner for Maguire?

What other alternatives would be available to you?
Benteke is an excellent player, he's quick, strong, good in the air, has good finishing and heading. He really is a complete forward. But I can understand why the 15 million pounds would put you off.
I'm sure Michy Batshuayi hasn't been snapped up yet, maybe you could buy him? He may or may not be available for 6.25 mil, and he's been called the next Benteke, so that's an option.

What other alternatives would be available to you?
Benteke is an excellent player, he's quick, strong, good in the air, has good finishing and heading. He really is a complete forward. But I can understand why the 15 million pounds would put you off.
I'm sure Michy Batshuayi hasn't been snapped up yet, maybe you could buy him? He may or may not be available for 6.25 mil, and he's been called the next Benteke, so that's an option.

I second this. Michy Batshuayi scored 27 goals in 23 apps in his first season for me. I would definitely go for him if he still has the 6.25 mil release clause.

I second this. Michy Batshuayi scored 27 goals in 23 apps in his first season for me. I would definitely go for him if he still has the 6.25 mil release clause.

I recommend him too he has been gr8 fr me with 18 goals in 15 apps this season, he's a backup for me coz lukaku scores even more

Thanks to the both of you, I will look into Batshuayi. Looks promising at only 22, will just await a scout report and see what he's gonna cost me. Still looking for alternatives, Cardozo looks available for around ?1.4mill and although he's getting on, his stats are brilliant.

I don't mind spending big money on a player (as the funds are there) but I want to ensure I get value for money. Also with Benteke having an ambitious personality I would be slightly concerned he'd cause a fuss in the future.

Zivkovic perhaps a good youth option? If anyone has experience with him, feel free to comment!

Zivkovic perhaps a good youth option? If anyone has experience with him, feel free to comment!

I remember Zivkovic going to Man City in my save and doing well, but I've never used him myself. Could also look at Danny Ings, I was able to pick him up for 6 mil in the first season.

I remember Zivkovic going to Man City in my save and doing well, but I've never used him myself. Could also look at Danny Ings, I was able to pick him up for 6 mil in the first season.

As a Rovers fan, I am not sure I could forgive myself for signing Danny Ings but I'll consider it ;)

I'm honestly not too keen on Zivkovic. He doesn't seem to have the physical presence Batty would have.

I'm honestly not too keen on Zivkovic. He doesn't seem to have the physical presence Batty would have.

Any suggestions as to a CB? My DOF (Rangnick) has put bids in for Stefano Denswil and Dan Burn. I am a fan of Denswil and also Dan Burn is 6'7 and HG which is useful for me. Any other recommendations?

Any suggestions as to a CB? My DOF (Rangnick) has put bids in for Stefano Denswil and Dan Burn. I am a fan of Denswil and also Dan Burn is 6'7 and HG which is useful for me. Any other recommendations?

What's your budget? Andre Wisdom has been great for me in my Liverpool save, strong, quick and home-grown, not sure if they'd sell him though. I signed Papadopoulos for 9.5 mil who's class and has great potential. Joel Matip is worth a look. Maybe Lloyd Jones, if he's developed well?

I have quite a few, actually. xD
Matheiu Peybernes, maybe. He reminds me of Koscielny.
Dominique Heintz.
Virgil van Dijk
Chancel Mbemba. From Anderlecht, looks like a pretty nice prospect signing,.
Stefan Bell.
Rhodolfo. He might be ugly as ****, but he's a solid CB.
Kryvtsov. He could grow into an excellent BPD.

That's about all I have for now. Sorry. :/