JudgeJules88

Reaction score
Hi

I am managing Leeds United in the Championship in my second season and have jsut had the opportunity to buy Barton from QPR for £500k. His wage demands are pretty steep and as I already have one loose cannon in my team in Diouf I am not sure whether it is worth the hassle. I have a decent crop of central midfield players who are all developing well but we would be better than most of them. I would probably have to sell one so as not to overcrowd the squad.

What do you guys think- is he going to be a legend for me or just a t*sser?

Cheers

I would buy him without hesitation. You have to think about what he can do for your team. Leeds are known for creating a team and supporters full of yobs, so Joey Barton would be a perfect addition to your team

(If you didn't realise, I'm a Hull City fan)

No deal mate! how much is he wanting? like 50k a week?

Britton is a much better player than he is, maybe see if you can get him rather?

Cheers - I will check out Britton. He is wanting 50k per week yes!

And yea I m worried half my team will be unavailable because of ASBO orders on them!

Wage would be putting me off, although he is certainly a star for championship sides and would improve your side

I wouldn't worry about him being a '******' as FM does not replicate controversial figures that much...

You dont ever see racist comments, biting, throwing darts, head butting then kneeing someone ETC in FM like you would with Suarez, Balo and Barton IRL, so he wont cause any problem

You should if you want your team to be badass and not a bunch of *****

His wages would be a killer for me. He is a fine player and on FM he is very good on the pitch. However he enjoys seeing red, as cautious as you set his tackling too and as calm as you may try to keep him.

After a while he ends up being a pain to keep on side. Sometimes it goes the other way, but the couple of times I've grabbed him he's been a pain for me.

Diouf and Barton in a team -IRL anyway- would be a major clash of ego's too.

Heck I would even consider signing Owen Hargreaves on a free transfer, his stats are excellent for championship sides, although is natural fitness is like a 3 :-/

You should worry about signing Joey Barton he doesn't like heading the ball, in case it hurts the **** on his forehead.

I signed Hargreaves on a reading save. Complete waste of wages as only managed 10 games in 2seasons. I would reccomend dipping into the free market for player and saving your money