largedon

Reaction score
In a bit of a dilemma with my current game. I'm a new player, so this is my first real game. I'm currently managing Gillingham and after managing them for almost a full season I was able to take them from last to a mid-table finish, but now right at the end of the season the club is in the process of being taken over by a local businessman. I really like the team I've assembled, but I'm worried about the takeover as I've heard local guys have no money and we weren't exactly rich to begin with. The job at Sheffield Utd has come available and I'm the leading candidate and I can't decide whether to go for it. If I was to move this would be my second move in 2 years (started my career managing the Bray Wanderers). Not sure if the game takes this into consideration, but seems like this game takes everything into consideration and I don't want to get the reputation of being a job hopper.

Like I said, I'm new to this game so kind of looking for any factors or considerations I may not know about but I should be thinking about with this possible move. All things being equal I would love to stay with the Gils, but with the takeover and looking at possibly managing a club that has over 2x as much payroll available is a little hard to pass up.

/thanks for any feedback and must say I'm loving this game
//you've converted an American into a football fan

Completely biased view, but stay with Gillingham (My local team :p)
In all seriousness though, if you don't feel comfortable working with hardly any money then I'd move.

One thing you can do is just make an extra save, one where you take the Sheff utd job, and the other where you stay at Gill.

One thing you can do is just make an extra save, one where you take the Sheff utd job, and the other where you stay at Gill.

LOL, can't believe I didn't think of this. Got so caught up in it forgot it's just a game. Bramall Lane here I come (if I get hired).

Thanks again.

Have you got time to have 2 saves going on at once? I'm all for journeyman saves, I'd say see whats on offer at Sheff United, they'll prob have a bigger budget and you're more likely to get promoted with them.

Also the game doesn't take into account how long you stay anywhere other than saying when you start a job something along the lines of you've had a brief spell at whatever club before moving on.