Should I use Isco as a MC (AP) or AML (IF)?

Antrim

Reaction score
I'm playing Man United and just signed Thiago and Isco. I plan on using a 4-3-3 formation, with an anchor in the middle, two MC's (a DLP and an AP) and in front, two IF and a DLF (or P, depending on how it goes).

I'm planning on using Fletcher as the A, Thiago as the DLP (support), and I'm doubting if I should use Isco as the MC (AP) or as the AML (IF). If I used him as a IF I could use Carrick as the MC, which is probably better than anything that I can offer at the AML (I sold Rooney, Young and Valencia). However, as a real life fan I think he can impact the game more closer to the midfield. I know a player as good as him will deliver at both positions in the game, but would like to hear opinions and stories of people who maybe have played him at either position.

Thanks!

Apparently he can sometimes play poor as a CM but comes to life as an AMC. I haven't used him on FM13 but did on FM12 and was poor as a CM then. Why don't you (if you're in pre-season) just try him in both positions and see what works best. :)

I signed Isco in my Dortmund save in 2015 / 16. He was transfer listed by request so I couldn't resist.

I play a 4-2-4 formation with 2 MCs. One BWM (d) and one AP (a). He struggled a bit for the first 2 years but after that he played really really well in the MC position. He won the World Golden Ball in 2019 (29 appearances, 17 goals, 16 assist, average rating 8.25).

So Isco in MC position worked well for me.

Cheers

Btw which one is better,isco or reus bcs i can get them each with the same price (30,5 mil release clause) but i only need one of them as AML

I've found that AMCs that don't perform well at MC are often boosted a lot by the PPM 'Gets forward whenever possible'. Now, you need the right tactic to accomodate this, but a 4-3-3 works due to the anchor covering the attacking forays. I would try Isco at MC Adv PL - Attack if you can give him that PPM. It'll go well, tested it with many A/MCs.
Good luck!