RedKelt

Reaction score
Don't shoot me down, I just want honest opinions.

In the past I had FM 2011, I loaded it up and gave up after an hour or so as I just preferred the simplicity of FM 2006.

I've wondering about get the latest game now it's out. Parting with £30 odd isn't a consideration - that doesn't bother me unless I play it like I did 2011.

So is 2019 too fussy for guys who like the simpler versions or does 2019 offer good options to bypass all the training etc?

I've been playing on and off since the original Championship Manager and was once in the game as a scout.

Replies appreciated.

ps. got 2008 loaded up at present but haven't really given it too much time.

pps. should I get the disc or digital download from Steam if I decide I'm in?

Last edited:
If you want simplicity, FM Touch might be your best bet. But try the demo, as wkdsoul says.

Try the Demo, and give over as much of the responsibilities as you can to your staff.
You can always take the responsibility back when you get your head around it if you want to.

Try the demo version at these then if you don't like it you haven't spent any money. However, I would recommend looking at FM Touch if you want less of the depth but still want the playability.

I play both personally depending on my mood, I use to prefer the cut-down style of Touch in previous years but have persevered with the full game and have finally got to grips with it (or should I say finally worked out a set up which works for me which is half the battle).

Again I come in peace, looking to get back into the game after a very long time out ...

played the game everyday when it was champ manager .. 01/02 been my favourite ..

my only real question involves the actual matches .. can you just watch the text like the old days or is this just not possible.

Thanks in advance

You prob can with a bit of skin editing, or justu use the 2d circle player view.

I have tried the demo, and am an avid FM fan, I am stil playing FM 2018 and debating about 2019, This may be just a reaction to things like the new training, for units, which I remember doing in earlier games, but it was then removed to streamline the game, I will probably buy it, but the demo did not make me want to go and grab it now, for now I'll play FM 18 and maybe pick FM 19 up at a later date