Should there be a place for all of these player careers?

Reaction score
I was just thinking...

These player careers are great, but they are actually beginning to be all over the manager stories section,

I for one love the player careers thing and do plan on doing one myself, but with the high volume of them floating around should they be somewhere else? I don't really know the guys who run this, but what's everyones take on this?

:D

I agree tbh, I love reading manager stories and there is a real lack of them on the first page!

I agree for sure, taking up almost all of the 1st page :S

I know I am accessory to the crime but I agree as well, especially as they aren't even manager stories!

Would be worth getting a separate area but im guessing its just a fad after one persons player story did well,

Even a sub forum just to separate them to make it easier to find what you want. It's a story forum so it's about all kinds of stories but having things in their own place makes things easier for everyone.

Yep, agreed. It doesn't really harm anyone: People looking for these player stories can go to a sub forum or whatever, and people looking for a 'traditional' story can just use the story page.

As the one responsible for this "plague", for lack of a better word, I can only apologise. I have made some initial enquiries about getting a sub forum for all our "player stories" though I don't know how feasible it is going to be.

I have enjoyed reading about everyone's player careers but as an avid follower (& participant) of many "traditional" manager stories myself I definitely understand where everyone is coming from.

Unfortunately we will just have to wait & see what is realistic from the site management perspective.

I'm not sure too much will happen, if stories continue to spurn out till the end of FM then they may do but this can just be a one off thing. They may die out after a period of time

There'll probably be this big spurt at the start, with a lot of ones starting up. Then some will drop off, we'll get a few that stay around for a while, a few new ones starting up but I think it'll die down eventually :)

Sub forum if required would make the most sense to me. As Lippo said I guess it has to fit with what the mods can do though.

Fundamentally I guess I differ from a few here in that I see these 'players careers' more as being an introduction to a 'manager story'. Most who are doing it appear to have expressed their desire to continue their player into management so I guess I feel these have just as much a place here as a 'staff story' or 'chairman game'. I understand though that the current glut is diluting the front page from traditional manager stories but I agree with the statements of Matt and Leeds in that as these come to and end (they have a finite life after all) it will go back more to normal so is the additional sub forum justified?

Just my 2 cents though.

Yeah it's a phase really isn't it, but it's just one everyones caught on too, Lippo dont apologise, we all enjoy them!

Sorry I missed this one, been away the last couple of days.

I think you're alright putting player stories in here; if people want to read them they'll rise to the top, if not they'll sink away. One thing I would suggest if you're worried about not making it clear is putting a tag at the front of your player career thread, something like '[PLAYER] -thread name goes here-'. Apart from that I think it's fine, no need to worry!