haro101

Reaction score
This is a thread to show the FM community your signings that you thought were going to be amazing but ultimately let you down :)

I'll start it off with my very own £15.5 million disaster.

2011061900001.jpg

Don't think he was that bad tbh, he did alright. Maybe not a first-team performer but something.

15 million price tag goes over 4 Years and averages a 6.7 that is poor mate

haven't got a screenshot as my games broke but when i was fc united:
this guy called alex mcquade from bolton was rated 5 star by my scout
i continuosly madeoffers until eventually in 2013 they accepted for 40000 which was loads for a blue square north team nearly all my budget
i made this deal in march so he would join in june 2013,in march i was 9th in the blue square north.i sneaked into the playoffs and won the final
and was excited that with alex mcquade in our ranks we could achieve promotion to the football league, weeks later he came:
in the space of a few months, he was now only rated 4 grey stars which is like nearly half a star.
i thought this was just a fault as he was a good player for bolton reserves.
he made his debut against chelsea in the annual freindly against them.he had an average performance which i was happy with
then his league debut was the local derby against alty.we were 1-0 up after 55 mins when alex sliced the ball into his own goal.part from this it was a good performance by him.he got a cold that week so missed the afc wimbeldon game and returned to face cambridge at home.
he gave away a penalty on 5 mins then scored an own goal on 36 mins. i subbed him at half time.
i decided to give him 1 last chance to prove himself against aldershot he had an average game but then gave away a penalty on 85 minutes.i never played him again.he didn't do much better in the reserves and within one year he wasn't making the reserves bench.he saw his contract out then vanished off the game.
40 grand was alot of money for me at the time, my biggest error on fm11

hmmm not really a disaster as i made a good profit on him, but for the money i paid and how good he is, i expected a lot better from him

Signed for 19million and only scored 4 and set up 10 :( looking at it now, his average rating was pretty good, but he never seemed to play well lol

PauloHenriqueHistory_CareerStats.png

Lost his place to van der vaart when he came on loan