Jamo456

Reaction score
I've just started a Shrewsbury save, and so am in the first season.

I am looking to play with two wingers, both of which are relatively quick, (13 - 14 pace and acceleration) and would prefer to play with one BWM in midfield, and one DLP/AP dependent on the opposition, although this could be changed.

Taking all this into account, I was wondering if anyone had any hints on how to create a tactic that will fit in with these players.

If anyone needs any further info, I can probably provide it.

Cheers.

I've just started a Shrewsbury save, and so am in the first season.

I am looking to play with two wingers, both of which are relatively quick, (13 - 14 pace and acceleration) and would prefer to play with one BWM in midfield, and one DLP/AP dependent on the opposition, although this could be changed.

Taking all this into account, I was wondering if anyone had any hints on how to create a tactic that will fit in with these players.

If anyone needs any further info, I can probably provide it.

Cheers.

The wingers, are they AMR/L or MR/L ?

Both are natural at AMR/L, although I prefer a flat 4 in midfield, but if I were to go 4-2-4 / 4-2-3-1, it wouldn't matter

Why not start out with a Balanced-Standard Wide 4231, using the wingers in AMR/L in there prefered roles.

- Now, If you have a winger that like to cut inside and you want to use him as an advanced playmaker or an inside, then make sure that there is space for him cut into ( with the ball), BY this I mean that if using an advanced playmaker in one of the MC spots, then use this MC in the other flank.

-It might also be a good idea to make sure you have a Fc and AMC partnership that works. If your FC likes to come deep, using him as an deeplying FC on support, then use the AMC as an inside FC on attack to make sure that when the FC comes deep, the AMC gets in his position. If you have a real poacher in FC that likes to get break the offside trap, then perhaps use the AMC as a attacking mid on support or a TQ ( but perhaps manually lower his creative freedom

- Dont be afraid to use an asymmetric formation. If you have one really weak fullback and one of your wingers are good defensivly, then why not use a Dr/L MR/L combo on that flank....or... make sure that the AMwinger on his flank stick to his position, keeping the shape of the team ( manually turn of his free role if the wizard suggests he should have one in the default setting)

- Look at the pitch. Regardless of team at the lower levels, no players are good enough to play a short passing game and hold onto the ball when the pitch is really muddy. Then be prepared to play more direct and focus the play down the flanks where the pitch normaly is in a better condition. The same goes for frozen pitches, normally the flanks gets your players injuried and the players have more diffuclty in having a good fist touch.

- D-line, press more etc . Here, just look at how the opposition is playing. Perhaps you need to lower it, perhaps rasie it depeing on if they try to put balls over the top onto their quick wingers, forwards

Oh, I dont use spellcheck

Cheers mate, was a big help.

Started the season really well, and like the way the team is playing