sieni

Reaction score
Introduction

This is my first tactic ever released to the public, so please be gentle. Overall this is, and always will be, a work in progress so all kinds of comments to improve are welcome. The tactic itself needs loads of testing with clubs of all statures, I have only had time to test it with a Finnish Premier League club JJK and don't really have the time to test it with all kinds of clubs so this is where you all come in. I believe this is enough of an intro and now to the tactic itself!

The tactic was originally created using the v12.0.4 update, at this time used alongside v12.2.2.

You can also visit my website Shroom's FM for additional information about my tactics and training
;)

!UPDATES!
Position specific player types have been added. Also the opposition instructions, shouts and match preparation that I use have been added per to request. - 27.3.2012 (15.03 GMT)

Download links
Shrooming 4-2-3-1 v1.5:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/69269971/Shrooming's 4-2-3-1 v1.5.tac
Shrooming Training: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/69269971/Shrooming Training.tsh

Screenshots
View attachment 233369View attachment 233370

The Tactic

Players by position:
GK: Good overall goalie.
FBL/R: Good rates for stamina and tackling, crossing and acceleration are also beneficial
DC: High tackling, heading, jumping, marking, positioning
MCL: Tackling, passing, positioning and work rate are key
MCR: As a playmaking MC high rates for passing, creativity, desicion making and teamwork are crucial, also the first touch attribute is important
AMC: This player may or may not be an important factor, a world class AMC can give you a great advantage; First touch, work rate, acceleration, passing and technique are just some of the important factors
AML: A more attacking winger; acceleration, agility, finishing, crossing, pace and dribbling are all very important
AMR: When playin the AMR to cut inside it is good for him to be left-footed. Crossing, passing, acceleration, desicion making and technique are useful attributes.
ST: As a poacher this player should have high attributes for finishing, first touch, acceleration, composure, agility and off the ball movement

The formation is a rather simple 4-5-1 with two wingers and an attacking midfielder in the midfield. In the latest updates to the tactic the tempo has been set to a slowish normal where as the philosophy has always been balanced and the strategy selection as standard.

In the defensive line the tho central defenders are the main force in your defence (surprising, isn't it?). Their mentality is nearly as defensive as possible where as the full backs are half way to attacking. Not as attacking as possible though but I like to keep my goal clean. The left central defender is also a major attacking force since the tactic has a corner strategy with crosses aiming at the near post where the DCL will be waiting with his superior heading and jumping ability (along with competitive composure if possible).

The two players in the central midfield have important roles in keeping the possession up. The left-sided central midfielder is set to CM and is a bit more defensive than the righ-sided one. The MCR is also set to be an advanced playmaker who will try more through balls than other player in attempt to dictate the attacking moves with pin-point passing to the more attacking player. The advanced plaumaker position may also be assigned to the attacking midfielder. In this case this central midfielder will probably be just a plain MCR with a bit more attacking mentality than the MCL.

In the next line of attack we have three players; left and right wingers and the attacking midfielder in the center. I have experimented with the player instructions here quite a lot but haven't really found any single suitable solution. At the moment my only my AML is set to attacking duties where as the AMR is more of a supportive player to aid the central midfielders in creating chances. The AML play more wide trying to get crosses in from the byline, the wide play for the AMR has been set as 'Cut inside' but I have also played the AMR to 'Hug the touchline' and sometimes I have instructed him to a 'Normal' wide play. The 'Cut inside' naturally works best if your right-sided winger is left-footed.

The striker is a problem really. I have tried playing him as a Poacher, Advanced forward and Complete forward but haven't really found any optimal solution for this matter. I thought about playing him as a supportive Deep lying forward but that might crowd the attacking midfield just a bit too much with a total of four to five players roming around. At the moment I decided to stick with playing him as a Poacher, this way the striker seems to be most useful.

All in all it took me four seasons to get this tactic to this point and, as sayed, it's far from finished. I haven't also tested it with any other team than my Finnish Premies side JJK and in the year 2017 the result might be a bit misleading so the testing part is where I need your help. I hope you enjoy this tactic and maybe have success with it. Report your frustrations, accomplishments and potential tweaks in any way you find suitable.

I rarely use OI's since I haven't really put any in depth thought in them and the game plan seems to be working quite well for myself without. Probably the only OI's I have ever used are to show strong opposition wingers on their weaker foot it they have one.

Shouts
are as well a part of the game that I don't use so much. When trying to hang on to a lead I sometimes use 'Retain posession' and 'Pass to feet' and rarely something like 'Hassle opponents' when trying to get back into the game.

When it comes to the match preparation I'm pretty straight forward; very high team blend in the offseason and average usually throughout the rest of the time. Against stronger opponents I might sometimes use defending or attacking set pieces.

Training
This training schedule was originally designed to fit the earlier versions of my Shrooming 4-2-3-1 tactic but since the tactic has been tweaked later on and the training not so much the positions are a bit off but completely usable (for example Advanced forward training fot the Complete forward or Poacher). The training schedule also only contains training for senior players, meaning no youth or elderly training included.

I created this schedule with the help os MS Excel setting the training focuses, all nine of them, and seeing the main atrributes for each position. I then created the schedules according to which part of the training focus (Strenght, agility, shooting etc.) was the most important. Naturally it's not that straight forward so I had to use a little imagination to achieve the desired training levels. The Excel file can be downloaded from the downloads page if you wish to continue my work, no permission needed.

At the moment the training file contains specific schedules for the following positions: Goalkeeper, central defender, fullback, defensive midfielder, central miedfielder, advanced playmaker, inner forward, winger and poacher. I will probably be adding a schedule for an AMC soon since I have stopped using the attacking midfielder as an inner forward.

User comments
none at this point.

Last edited:
how about OI`S ??

Match prep?

shouts??
I rarely use OI's since I haven't really put any in depth thought in them and the game plan seems to be working quite well for myself without. Probably the only OI's I have ever used are to show strong opposition wingers on their weaker foot it they have one.

Shouts are as well a part of the game that I don't use so much. When trying to hang on to a lead I sometimes use 'Retain posession' and 'Pass to feet' and rarely something like 'Hassle opponents' when trying to get back into the game.

When it comes to the match preparation I'm pretty straight forward; very high team blend in the offseason and average usually throughout the rest of the time. Against stronger opponents I might sometimes use defending or attacking set pieces.

This is just the tip of the iceberg as you can see to the fact how much my tactic is incomplete. Hopefully I will have time to develop it further in the areas that I haven't yet payed so much attention to.

results from patch 12.0.4 or 12.2.2?
The one screenshot visible at this time has been taken when playing the newest patch. I will be soon adding additional more in depth screenshots of the latest results.

Did you not read the bit where he said it was created using 12.0.4?