Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Good evening all...

I am sorry but I have held my tongue long enough..

I have come to the conclusion, that SI have ruined this once fantastic game. I have tried several teams from all around the world, at different levels, and have had no success what so ever.

As per my previous post, FM2013 has no consistency..... I have tried gaining advice from other people on the various forums on here... they have made this version too difficult to enjoy.. I am not expecting to master the game, but to have some sort of chance to be successful, but I'm afraid they have gone overboard on this version...

I have really tried on this game, and have come close to smacking my laptop up the wall, due to the sheer frustration that this version of FM has brought me....

I am currently trying one more save as Man United, and if this does not bring any sliver of enjoyment, it will not be long before the software is uninstalled.... and the fondness of FM will be lost forever...

Good luck to you all... I fear you will need every sinew of your strength to carry on....

iv been successful on this game like 99% of the people who have played the game... you cant say SI ruined the game because your S***! and if you expect your going to win silver because your Manchester united your very sadly wrong because they have many seasons without winning anything

iv been successful on this game like 99% of the people who have played the game... you cant say SI ruined the game because your S***! and if you expect your going to win silver because your Manchester united your very sadly wrong because they have many seasons without winning anything

I agree with you, Im sorry if "mikeymodfather" hasn't had any luck but it's a game to test you not let you walk in and win game after game without having to try i myself had really bad times sacked from many club but i didnt give up and now i have got one of the best tactics on here i think. you have to keep trying and twisting tactics like a real manager thats the idea. Chin up mate and keep trying.

I half agree with you supermatt in that you shouldn't expect to walk in and win game after game, however, as seen on mikeymodfather's other forum he has been extremely patient up to this point and you mentioned at the bottom of our post that you should keep twisting your tactics but how are you meant to do that when you don't understand how each slider will affect your players in game? I am one of those people and understand you think I and mikey should continue to change them until thy work but I don't know how to get them to work and i feel as though I have tried every single different set of instructions there is when i clearly haven't because most of the tactics on this site work and I end up turning to them every game I start and then it just doesn't feel like my game anymore.

my save with Beira-Mar, prdicted 15 position on 1st season in portuguese league.i played 11 seasons already. before patch i played 5 of them, win on CL and other cups, after patch i played 6 seasons and won CL 6 times, and everything else + With National team of Portugal( that was all my Beira-Mar team) i won evertything too. patch is good and FM work better. So dont cry and keep try

i dont see what eveyrones problem with this game i have seen many rant threads such as thease and its getting boring now people complained last year was way to easy now you complaining the game is too hard maybe before you complain take a moment and think umm maybe its not the game or si its me it all balls down to the manager as example my formations have consistency i win a lot of trophies and games why am doing the champions league challenge dont blame si or the game blame your self its all about the formation when you find this your love the game again and watch amazing football.

I half agree with you supermatt in that you shouldn't expect to walk in and win game after game, however, as seen on mikeymodfather's other forum he has been extremely patient up to this point and you mentioned at the bottom of our post that you should keep twisting your tactics but how are you meant to do that when you don't understand how each slider will affect your players in game? I am one of those people and understand you think I and mikey should continue to change them until thy work but I don't know how to get them to work and i feel as though I have tried every single different set of instructions there is when i clearly haven't because most of the tactics on this site work and I end up turning to them every game I start and then it just doesn't feel like my game anymore.

I understand what u are saying and i know u guys prob have done alot of tactic changing and testing , I myself don't understand the sliders 100% , i Have done alot of reading and studying of others tactics and idea's some how i stumble across ones that work.
i try to base tactics on what i want the team to do . So to start i want a good defense less goals let in the better, so set the Gk to be normal solid and not to adventures . DC's - solid , not to adventures , clear the ball no fuss. FB/WB - quick , good at passing, not to adventures, short passing. MC's - solid ,good passing, little adventures, ok tackling. RW/LW - quick , good passing, good crossing, little adventures. FW's - quick , good at shooting or heading both is best, ok passing, not to adventures.
This is my base starting point, try not to be to clever with the team to start with leave most team settings to default and build on each one after a match to see how each work , short passing works best most of the time .
hope this helps a little :)

firstly thanks supermatt for the help but to pokerjoker i know exactly what you were talking about when you say a lot of people were complaining because last years game was too easy but personally I was not one of those people and i know SI can't please everyone but making the game as hard as this years version and with the patience needed to create a decent tactic in this version many people won't be able to stand the frustration that comes with it and I fear that they will lose a few sales with next years version if it stays like this but I will not be one of those to hold back next years sales.

Whats the most consistant tactic on the new patch then guys; because I second mikeymodfather, in that I can't get an inch of success!

I should point out that you can have the best tactic but that wont be enough... you have to have the right players, rotate squads
Praise and discipline players for good and bad performances ect ect there much much more to it than simply getting the right tactic

I should point out that you can have the best tactic but that wont be enough... you have to have the right players, rotate squads
Praise and discipline players for good and bad performances ect ect there much much more to it than simply getting the right tactic

i agree with u about that squad rotation it's very important

I think the game is fantastic. It doesn't play like it did 2 years ago and you have to be willing to adapt.

Well maybe you should try and figure out what player instructions do.

Would you buy Armed Assault 2, a simulator, and then complain that you kept on crashing planes despite you refusing to learn how to fly them?

I've been using basically the same three tactics for the last four patches and all three still work well for me with slight tweaks.
Honestly don't understand half of the rant threads on here, or even why they're on here in the first place. Don't like the game? Don't want to play it? go ahead and don't, no need to create yet another pointless rant thread about your own failings. Lots of threads around that offer advice and guidance.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...raikan007s-fm13-tactical-guide-beginners.html
Football Manager 2013 Manual

Status
Not open for further replies.