repunited

Reaction score
Hello there, i am a huge football manager fan and one of the reasons why i play the game is because of the fact i like to use small teams and work my way up through the leagues as it is challenging.

However after months of trying with teams on FM15 i am sick to my boll**** of it.

I have tried every formation known to man, every style and yet i seem to be getting nowhere.

For example the amount of times i have gone 2-3 goals up, yet concede the most stupid and annoying goals absolutely infuriates me, no matter what i do, like some games i would keep my formation and mentality the same (counter, control, standard, attacking) or whatever i had be using the rest of the game, and yet i would concede. even when i set my team to go more defensive there seems no way without conceding goals during this game. I loved the other games as it did seem possible to create a team in the game in which the computer doesn't feel sorry for the other team and give them 3-4 goals to equalize.

Do you build your own tactics? If you're not afraid to learn, open a thread in the tactics forum and you'll get advice. List your tactics and what the issues are.

Learn the deeper intricacies of the game. If that doesn't work, take a break. Anyone can get burned out by overplaying.

1. Take a 1 week break.
2. Read the tactic creation thread.
3. Switch the mentality and shouts you use at the end of the match to hold onto the lead.
4. I've drawn or lost matches that I've lead before. It happens. Just like real life.
5. Talent is needed just as much as great tactics. Build up your talent base, it might take 2-3 seasons before a club reaches the talent level to match your ambitions. Especially if you like picking lower sides.
6. Scout cheap good talent from countries such as Norway, Russia, Croatia. You will get a lot of value there.

Learn the deeper intricacies of the game. If that doesn't work, take a break. Anyone can get burned out by overplaying.

Excellent advice.

I get like that in between saves and the best thing to do is not play for a week or two even if you miss it. Gets the hunger back.

Your post was hardly actually asking for help. More like moaning. You should be glad that these people actually want to give you advice.

The original post wasn't mine and yes it probably should be in the post your frustrations thread however your comment was unnecessary

To the OP, though.
Don't hesitate to look around on this site for tactics guides and post for help. Reacting while watching matches is one of the best ways to secure a win. Telling your players to concentrate, while sitting deeper in your own half if you're leading during the last 10 minutes can make the difference.
I promise you, this game is not just a plug n play. I was ****** off, like you, and was about to just uninstall, when I decided to sit down and look through my tactics.
And now, I'm unbeaten with my Arsenal side (well, in the league, since Yilmaz decided to wreck my Champions League run -__-). But really, if you put in the effort, you'll do well. You won't win all the time, but that's football.
And if it still ****** you off, take a nice break, and try some FM Classic.

Thankyou for your responses except for the inbred who said i was **** absolute waste! i think this game is tacking more for me to work out haha but i will take your advice and look more into the tactics, maybe it's the fact i like using such weak teams and fighting the odds

I was just being genuine seeing if anybody else suffered this and some of the comments people posting advice is helpful but people like you shouldn't be allowed to comment on forums

the thing that annoys me the most in this game is that players complain about everything and that apparently the AI is racist

i think it would be ok conceding goals late from a lead as long as your team did it as well to even things out and maybe it doesnt.
best tip i think is just buy the editor its only about $5 and try and customise your game more :)

Hello there, i am a huge football manager fan and one of the reasons why i play the game is because of the fact i like to use small teams and work my way up through the leagues as it is challenging.

However after months of trying with teams on FM15 i am sick to my boll**** of it.

I have tried every formation known to man, every style and yet i seem to be getting nowhere.

For example the amount of times i have gone 2-3 goals up, yet concede the most stupid and annoying goals absolutely infuriates me, no matter what i do, like some games i would keep my formation and mentality the same (counter, control, standard, attacking) or whatever i had be using the rest of the game, and yet i would concede. even when i set my team to go more defensive there seems no way without conceding goals during this game. I loved the other games as it did seem possible to create a team in the game in which the computer doesn't feel sorry for the other team and give them 3-4 goals to equalize.

I use defensive mentality, structured shape, lower tempo and it's working pretty well for me. I alternate between defensive/contain during matches depending how the game's going and in game team talks are always calm and encourage/concentrate. Late on in games, I pick play safer and waste time in team instructions.

Started a thread in tactics, sort of a looking for advice/thinking out loud type of thing, about how my tactic works if it could be of any use to you.

Nothing to do with the game that you can't get small teams anywhere, that is realistic think of small teams in conference in the past 10 year they haven't got near the premiership.

Getting teams from lower leagues like conference and into the premiership all the time isn't challenging its boring and easy.

Btw im not saying its your fault as its no ones fault.

i think it would be ok conceding goals late from a lead as long as your team did it as well to even things out and maybe it doesnt.
best tip i think is just buy the editor its only about $5 and try and customise your game more :)

Do you just constantly spam about editor?

take a good look at the player roles.
try and get a fast center back to cover the defensive line.
make sure you mark the 6 yard box with corners against. this realy made a big change for me with goals against from corners.
and try to get 2 tactics who look a like but mentality are different.
then you don't have to use all the subs for the new tactic.
and get a third tactic that's way different and use that tactic every once in a while so teams dont scout the right tactic against you.