Sidwell in talks with West Ham

Bodell

Reaction score
Sky Sports News understands Aston Villa midfielder Steve Sidwell is in advanced talks over a January move to West Ham United.

Sidwell is currently sidelined by an Achilles injury and may well have played his last game for Villa as he nears a return to fitness.

The 28-year-old's contract expires at the end of the season and it appears Villa are set to cash in on Sidwell when the transfer window reopens.

West Ham are determined to bolster their squad in the New Year as Avram Grant looks to lift his team off the bottom of the Premier League table.

Grant recently expressed his hope that the Hammers' board would provide him with £10million to spend next month in the quest for top-flight survival.

It appears that a portion of any transfer kitty will be spent on Sidwell, who joined Villa from Chelsea in 2008.

He has made almost 70 appearances in all competitions for the club, but has started only once in the Premier League this season.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_6605951,00.html

Not to sure if this means Scotty Parker will be on his way out or not, they'll struggle to hold onto him?

thoughts?

shud be a decent signing if it goes through

Sidwell's Beast.

Bit risky signing him over the injuries he's has recently but no doubt he'll put in 100% for The Hammers.

Sidwell's Beast.

Bit risky signing him over the injuries he's has recently but no doubt he'll put in 100% for The Hammers.

He wouldn't even get into the Reading team! (K)

I don't believe that Scott Parker would leave in January, I think he will if West Ham go down but he has to much heart to leave Hammers in the position they are currently in which is why I doubt this story..

I don't believe that Scott Parker would leave in January, I think he will if West Ham go down but he has to much heart to leave Hammers in the position they are currently in which is why I doubt this story..

You're most probably right, we'll just have to wait and see if anyone comes in for him.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f18/the-transfer-rumour-thread-2010-11-t35680.html

But if Wham are expecting Sidwell to be as good as Parker, they'll be sorely mistaken I fear. He's decent enough in a 4-4-2/4-3-3 system as an energetic, box-to-box player, but he's definitely no Parker.

Mate i bet your pleased at the moment, getting rid of the dead wood from the team, Houlier seems to be doing the right things atm.

It has already been said he has to sell to buy so fair play for not judging players by reputation but by how they're doing at the club.

i wonder who he has in mind to replace Ireland & Sidwell

Sidwell rumour is true, and he will sign for us. However he isn't going to replace Parker LOL, Super Scott's staying at least till the end of the season.

He was a great player for reading and shouldn't have joined Chelsea as his career has gone downhill from then on. Hopefully if he does go to West Ham he can regain some form.

I can see him doing a handy job for the Hammers, but..

I can't see him being there long, he'll be back down in the championship with Reading in a few years. ;)

Mate i bet your pleased at the moment, getting rid of the dead wood from the team, Houlier seems to be doing the right things atm.

It has already been said he has to sell to buy so fair play for not judging players by reputation but by how they're doing at the club.

i wonder who he has in mind to replace Ireland & Sidwell

I am absolutely chuffed. With Delph coming back, we won't really need a replacement for Ireland as that's where Young is playing so we will have a first-teamer and a backup in AM. Hopefully we get either Makoun or M'Vila - both have been rumoured.

Sidwell rumour is true, and he will sign for us. However he isn't going to replace Parker LOL, Super Scott's staying at least till the end of the season.

Fair enough. Still, I don't see how he could fit into a 4-3-3 alongside Parker, too similar. He's a talented player though, and I wish him all the best.

i can see him doing a handy job for the hammers, but..

I can't see him being there long, he'll be back down in the championship with reading in a few years. ;)

please!

BTW can we have Hitzlsperger back if you have Sidwell?

He was great ar Reading and proberly shouldnt have joined Chelsea. Maybe Scott Parker will leave West Ham now is Sidwell joins the Hammers.

He was great ar Reading and proberly shouldnt have joined Chelsea. Maybe Scott Parker will leave West Ham now is Sidwell joins the Hammers.

Im glad he signed for us as we got him for free and a year later sold him for 5mil and made a good profit :)