Sign player at end of contract which is 2014, but signing him in 2015??

jonniel123

Reaction score
I've just signed a player on a pre-contract so that when his contract expires in a months time in 2014 he will join my team.

However, I've just noticed that he is actually going to join me in 2015....and I'm not sure why??

Any guesses/more information required?

Is he an EU-national? Is he 18 or older? What team are you?

No nothing as complicated as that! I'm Havant and Waterlooville, and I'm in the Blue Square Premier having been promoted in my first season from the Blue Square South. After consolidating for a season, during a board takeover etc, I'm rebuilding my squad for my second season in the BSP. I've just signed someone called Gray from Rochdale on a pre-contract, set to expire 2014 but apparently he is due to sign for me in 2015! Have I done something wrong?View attachment 305803 View attachment 305804Attached are some pics

Because he will join you in the next transfer window perhaps ?

I'm currently at the start of the 2014 season so the window is open. I signed him because his contract was coming to an end which means I don't have to pay a fee, but now the other players I have done the same thing with have joined but this player hasn't. I would understand if he was contracted until 2015 but he isn't - notice my latest picture post

I'm currently at the start of the 2014 season so the window is open. I signed him because his contract was coming to an end which means I don't have to pay a fee, but now the other players I have done the same thing with have joined but this player hasn't. I would understand if he was contracted until 2015 but he isn't - notice my latest picture post

When you did close the deal ?

June 2014 - just before the end of his contract meaning he would join up with my team on the 1st of July on a bosman...he is now out of contract at Rochdale but I'm not signing him until 2015. Which means technically rochdale could release him on a free but I wouldn't be able to do anything! until 2015, so technically he would be jobless for a year

Last edited: