Signing a Player - BUG!!

Clean_Up_Kid

Reaction score
It happens whenever I try and sign a youngster (16, 17, 18). You make the offerm, it ggets accepted, then you offer the contact.. a few days later you get a message saying that the player has just renewed their conract with their team (I am brighton, and this latest time the player plays for some **** non league irish team.) Then you try again and go through the same process and it says the same message... it does it several times./

Anyone else found this? It is always ion a regen youngster with great stats!!

its not a bug. the team probably doesnt want to sell and so to get your desired player, you must pay more wages so that he'll choose you over his current club

Why would a player want to go to Brighton anyway?

It's not a bug. Read what cmh said, that's right.

it is, i have offered stupid wages (he is 16 and on £230 p/w.) I offered wages of £5500 p/w and a sign on fee of £500k
He would join brighton from some Irish 3rd division team called Home Farm!!!
This is a bug I'm telling you.
It just did it again with another player!!!

as a manager you have a low rep so he wont want to go to you

PAH!! For a £5.5k a week wage rise he wiould suck my ****!! His manager at Home Farm is probably the village lollypop man!

I'm very dubious about this one!!

this happens to me too, I do the player interaction thing and he is very happy and says he would love to join my team, which is arsenal btw, then I make an offer for him and they accept then when I offer contract
he says he wants this much wages and signing on fee etc. I offer him more than he asks for but still I get that annoying message that he's renewed his contract. I just find it so weird cos the club doesn't reject my offer, and it doesn't even say if he rejects my contract offer or not.

EXACTLY!!!
It will just keep doing it, no matter how much you offer in wages/sign on!!

---------- Post added at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 PM ----------

i am now 100% that it is a bug! And it needs fixing quick. Never noticed it at all before. It is only with the very latest patch that installed itself through steam last week.

Maybe he's gay?

inbred more likely ;-)

anyway, ive never had this happen before. The closest thing is when I try to sign Ribery, Bayern accept and then offer him a new contract. Though I can understand why they'd do that

EXACTLY!!!
It will just keep doing it, no matter how much you offer in wages/sign on!!

---------- Post added at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 PM ----------

i am now 100% that it is a bug! And it needs fixing quick. Never noticed it at all before. It is only with the very latest patch that installed itself through steam last week.

This happens to me in the default one and this player was not a regen.

Iv had it happen a few times but i just thought nothing of it. I gave up on the player.

happened too me in fm09 and fm08 too. i tend to try to buy a lot of youth players so i've seen this happen a lot.

PAH!! For a £5.5k a week wage rise he wiould suck my ****!! His manager at Home Farm is probably the village lollypop man!

I'm very dubious about this one!!
And that's why he wont join, want a **** sucker hire a hoe ;-)

ive only started having it happen since I got the last steam update. I always buy youth players and it has not happened before.
Latest guy has signed a ciontract with Sligo Rovers 9 times in teh last month!! He is on £50 a week and I am offering him 4k a week with a 12k signing on bonus. also I am at a MUCH better team.

If this is a bug or not it still needs sorting out. But is suppect that it definately is!