DonVanberg

Reaction score
I'm currently playing as Newcastle and I'm on my fourth season, finishing 1st (Championship), 8th and 6th previous seasons. With a budget of about 130m I want to establish myselves in the absolute top with some decent, young stars, especially as I'm heading into the EL this season. Bernardo Silva, still in Monaco, seems like a player who would at least let me approach him with contract terms, especially since I have been able to with a lot of other players like him (Bernard, Fred, Felipe Anderson etc.), but when my bid is accepted he just plainly says he feels Newcastle isn't big enough for him. I've tried to "wine and dine" him, praising him to the media, but whatever I do he just won't open discussions with me. Now the window has closed and his contract expires at the end of the season, which means I would really love to be able to close a potential deal before the January-window opens (for multiple reasons). Is there any chance that his attitude towards my club will change during the season, or am I pretty much doomed?

I'm currently playing as Newcastle and I'm on my fourth season, finishing 1st (Championship), 8th and 6th previous seasons. With a budget of about 130m I want to establish myselves in the absolute top with some decent, young stars, especially as I'm heading into the EL this season. Bernardo Silva, still in Monaco, seems like a player who would at least let me approach him with contract terms, especially since I have been able to with a lot of other players like him (Bernard, Fred, Felipe Anderson etc.), but when my bid is accepted he just plainly says he feels Newcastle isn't big enough for him. I've tried to "wine and dine" him, praising him to the media, but whatever I do he just won't open discussions with me. Now the window has closed and his contract expires at the end of the season, which means I would really love to be able to close a potential deal before the January-window opens (for multiple reasons). Is there any chance that his attitude towards my club will change during the season, or am I pretty much doomed?

sometimes mate there is nothing you can do as you dont have champions league football to attract the top players so it will be difficult but a good start to the season may change his mind.try again in january

There was a little way around this on FM16. if you put a member of staff like Director of Football in charge of contracts for new players he may actually join. I don't know if this is considered cheating or whatever. Up to you.