AlBigGuns

Reaction score
I'm having a problem where I'm signing players as Hot Prospects for the future but they get put into my 1st team squad instead of my U18 squad. Then when I move them to the correct squad they become unhappy and want to leave, why would that be? I can't find an option for the game to automatically put them in the U18 squad but I did tell them they were a future prospect before signing.

It's annoying as I have a very good young striker that I've paid a million for who wants to leave and I'm worrried that this kid I've found for £150k is going to do the same thing when the transfer window opens.

when i buy players 18 or younger and move them to teh under 18's they dont get unhappy but when they are over 18 and i move them to reserves they get unhappy but then i just talk to them and cheer them up

maybe play them in a one off like carling cup???

never heard of under 18s getting upset in the u18 squad, unless you tell them they are going to be inthe first team when you sign them.

First make sure if they are eligable to play for the youth squad. If that's the case and they are complaining (even though they signed as a hot prospect) I would just put them in your first team and use them as subs at the end of your matches.

He was 16 when I signed him, he's 17 now and I signed him as a Hot Prospect. I moved him to the U18 squad on the first day I signed him and he took a huff and has handed in a transfer request.

He was 16 when I signed him, he's 17 now and I signed him as a Hot Prospect. I moved him to the U18 squad on the first day I signed him and he took a huff and has handed in a transfer request.

Sounds like a **** to me, Mario Balotelli mk II.

Obviously he has a volatile/confrontational personality. His hidden stats may also be unfavourable.

Best to cut your losses and sell him unless you really need a talented but disruptive member of your squad.

Sounds like you have a Balotelli on your hands. If he's already being a pain in the *** at age 17, then maybe it's best if you just sold him? It's either that or becoming his personal slave, obeying his every wishes and constantly having too apologise too him.

EDIT: What Jake said...

I guess it's just annoying because I've taken Crystal Palace from League 1 to the Premiership and I rely on young players coming through as I don't have the cash or reputation to sign top players. Anyway, I guess he'll be on his way in the Summer.

Why don't you have him tutored by a player with a high professionalism stat?

If he's only young, he can still be nurtured into a less confrontational player.

This happens all the time for me. What I do is reject any requests and just don't talk too them. They live with it after 6 months or so (6)

Players develop more from being in the first team squad (make available for reserves) and not playing. So you are probably better off not putting him in the u18s anyway. If he's kicking up a fuss already I'd get rid of him as he's always gonna cause you problems, try sending him out on loan first to get his value up, or make sure there is a high sell on % when you sell him (this is more important with a player who is trouble as he is likely to cause trouble for his next manager and get sold a lot)

yeah I had a couple of these on my save, signed as hot prospects and moved as soon as they arrive. I tried to smooth things out with them but it seems that these guys just cause trouble so I had to sell both of mine. Its annoying that people you sign as hot prospects and are under 18 dont automatically go into your U18 squad.

I think its a bug...I just have a private chat and tell them to prove themselves to be first team standard (which they'll obviously be unable to do atm)...it works.