Signings for Borussia Dortmund (First Season) - Recommendations?

yltan

Reaction score
I've just started a new season with last season's champions Dortmund because I really like the young squad and the team colours, although I don't really follow the Bundesliga. There are quite a number of injuries to players like Jakub, Bender and Schmelzer. I think I need to sign for a couple of positions like CB, RB, LB, striker and a CM. Any recommendations on who to get? Preferably German and young to fit the Dortmund transfer policy. I'm looking at signing Kadlec, Vrsaljko and Felipe Anderson on loan. (I'm using latest LFCMarshall update.)

CB - Cesar Arzo, Andreu Fontas
RB - Ivan Badalovski, Romario
LB - Gaetan Bong
CM - Andile Jali, Andrea Bertolacci

I'm in my 3rd season with Dortmund and honestly you shouldn't need many signings. If you gun it through the first season you get insane youth coming through like Koray Gunter, Leitner and Gundogan.

But for a CB who fits the Dortmund style of play I'd say the young brazilian CB Lucas (Age 19/20).

For cover in RB or LB you could bring someone in from the U23's. I think it was Julian Koch who starred for me when Pisczcek was injured for 4 months. Although Vrsaljko is brilliant I hear and two sided!

Up front with the right formation Lewa and Schieber should be firing on all pistons but if you want someone brilliant try Schurrle or retrain Perisic to play CF, his 17 finishing makes him deadly.

In CM you should already have ridiculous amounts of competition but I'd say John Mikel Obi, his high composure makes him brilliant as a DM,CM who is great on the ball.

Quick tip if you see any 15yr olds with great stats do not hesitate to pay out the £1.4mill they WILL come good at Dortmund!

I'm in my 3rd season with Dortmund and honestly you shouldn't need many signings. If you gun it through the first season you get insane youth coming through like Koray Gunter, Leitner and Gundogan.

But for a CB who fits the Dortmund style of play I'd say the young brazilian CB Lucas (Age 19/20).

For cover in RB or LB you could bring someone in from the U23's. I think it was Julian Koch who starred for me when Pisczcek was injured for 4 months. Although Vrsaljko is brilliant I hear and two sided!

Up front with the right formation Lewa and Schieber should be firing on all pistons but if you want someone brilliant try Schurrle or retrain Perisic to play CF, his 17 finishing makes him deadly.

In CM you should already have ridiculous amounts of competition but I'd say John Mikel Obi, his high composure makes him brilliant as a DM,CM who is great on the ball.

Quick tip if you see any 15yr olds with great stats do not hesitate to pay out the £1.4mill they WILL come good at Dortmund!

Shall take a look at Lucas, so that's the CB and fullbacks sorted, as I will most likely sign Vrsaljko. I will use Bender and Kehl as my DMs in a 433, so Gundogan and Leitner are probably my only CMs (I think?) so I will need more cover. Any recommendations? Should I sign Hitzlsperger or Ballack? Both free agents.

I also need a new keeper; Ter Stegen will cost around 20 plus million, should I get him or stick with Weidenfeller?

Ballack is a great leader and fights for the ball. He is a great role model as well. I had him first season but accidentally forgot to renew his contract in the summer :( Weidenfeller is quality if anything Langerak is terrible. I got 3mill for him and brought Cedric Wilmes from the U23/20's

Ballack is a great leader and fights for the ball. He is a great role model as well. I had him first season but accidentally forgot to renew his contract in the summer :( Weidenfeller is quality if anything Langerak is terrible. I got 3mill for him and brought Cedric Wilmes from the U23/20's

Alright thanks. Do you think I should let Gotze play as a CM or a wide striker in a default 433?

Potentially a CM as sort of a Cazorla role. He doesn't have the pace or crossing ability to get good balls in. Besides Reus should be immense 1st season.

Try getting bressan from bate. He's cheap and will destroy the bundesliga.

Potentially a CM as sort of a Cazorla role. He doesn't have the pace or crossing ability to get good balls in. Besides Reus should be immense 1st season.

The Lucas you mentioned is currently out on loan, as is Koch. So maybe I should get Stefan Bell or maybe Alderweireld? Or any other suggestions?

Alejandro Roy is a good one for the future as a RB. The two you mentioned are great as well.