Signings for Championship sides:

FPT

Reaction score
We managers of Championship sides don't seem to have a consistent home for discussing the different players that we attract, have success with and can recommend. So why not start here?

For all your player needs in the second tier of English football, come here.

I'm always signing Stefan Strandberg, but want an upgrade, he doesn't seem to play consistently enough considering his rating; though you can't argue with the price.

Price range of Championship clubs (start) is from £0-£6m.

Have a look in Norway you can get cheap players there. Im cardiff an I managed to get lars vilsvik for for £300k and veton berisha for £675k both good championship players. Also managed to get odergaard as well.

Yeah, Norway has some workable talent, as does Sweden and Denmark. Who will be interesting in joining is likely going to vary depending on the club reputation. Eastern Europe also offers plenty of talent but the cost is a bit higher and more of the players are likely to balk to going to the second division. I've been toying with a Fulham save, and a test save had my scouts telling me that a few of the regular targets when I'm a lower level Prem club won't join.

A few you can look at:

Andre Hansen - GK - Odd - can sign on a free transfer and will move in January
Sondre Rossback - GK - Odd
Steffan Hagen - CB - Odd
Tore Reginussen - CB - Odd
Martin Linnes - RB - Molde
Jere Uronen - RB - Helsinborgs - can sign on a free transfer and will move in January
Kristoffer Ajer - MC - Start

Lewis Macleod - MC - Rangers
David Pavelka - MC - Slovan Liberec
Dele Alli - MC - MK Dons
Carlos Strandberg - ST - Hacken

Yeah I just signed delli ali for Cardiff in the January window looks a decent youngster

There are literally tons of potential signings. Some won't come, but many will if you can offer a solid wage. Do some looking around at some of the players suggested on here. Read some of the manager stories to see who people have signed and who they have had success with.

Don't expect to find tons and tons of starting-quality players for under 1m. The Scandinavian countries are pretty much where you can find those kind of deals. Most anywhere else in Europe, expect to be at least 1m for a decent quality player, if not more. Still, even at 1.5m or 2m per player for a solid starting quality player who will likely still do the job after promotion to the Prem.... that's not so bad at all.

One thing to watch for going forward is the young players from the biggest clubs in England. Those clubs love to ****** up youth prospects, and already have handfuls of them. But many will be deemed as not good enough by the AI. Which means you might be able to snap them up for reasonable fees and wages. You can do the same thing from the biggest clubs around Europe, as Barcelona and Madrid will often let very promising players rot.

Would just like to praise the thread creator! It normally takes me ages to scan through various posts trying to siphen out the relevant stuff for starting in the Championship. It's a save I always keep coming back to so very pleased this is here.

Couple of ideas for CB's; Tommy Smith and Luke Chambers who are both at Ipswich. Both very solid Championship defenders, and both will do a decent job in the prem for you as well. This goes for Smith especially who's only 24 and develops nicely. They also will both only cost you £1m - £1.4m.

In CM and are quick about it you can pick up Joshua Kimmich for about 650k. He's a decent player for the championship and at only 19 has great potential, does normally get picked up by good Bundesliga sides not long in to the window though so don't delay with him would be my advice!

Great thread and i would like to recommend Roberto Trashorras although he is 33 , i picked him up for 5k in january and he is a great attacking midfielder.

I signed Ulises Davila from Chelsea at the start of the second season for £425k. He scored 26 goals and got 25 assists in the championship from playing as an advanced playmaker