Signings for first season in Championship with Oldham

johano3012

Reaction score
I won League One with Oldham, was promoted to championship, and got 2.5 million to spend. My team is half decent, but probably not good enough to aim any higher than avoiding relegation. Does anyone know of any cheap, but good players for championship? Here is what I need to improve;

- A back that can preferably play on each side. Thinking about Joe Mattock, can get him for 140k.
- A CD that will start as backup, but is good enough to be a starter throughout the season. Maybe Ellis Plummer from Man City? 300k he will cost me.
- A CM, deep lying playmaker. This is the position I need to reinforce the most. Been trying to get Lundemo and Hou Saeter, but they wouldn't join.
- Two wingers(Not IF's). I need wingers with speed, flair and decent crossing. My current wingers absolutely destroyed League One, but I reckon they are too slow for Championship. Might get a Blackburn-winger for free, Taylor something, although he is slow.
- A back up striker. Preferably one who can make a difference, has good passing and can play as both AF and F9.

any help and advice would ve highly appreciated!

Loans are the best option. Could possibly get Oxford from West Ham on loan for CB. Maybe Loftus Cheek from chelsea or someone similar for CM.
A guy I really like but dont know how much he will cost you is Rico Henry. Can only play LB. In my 3rd season hes 21 and has had 2 caps for England during the world cup.
Maybe Duelund is still available for cheap as a winger though usually not in second season.

I actually tried to get Duelund, he was only 1.1 mill. Wouødnt come tho. Might try again during the summer. Rico Henry chose Southampton over me in the january Window.. Cant blame him for that.might get him on loan