Signings for Wolverhampton season two

MajorMash

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

So I am struggling a bit for who to sign in my second season at wolves. I finished 8th last season, and managed to qualify for the Europa League due to winning the League Cup.

My current lineup is:

Hennessey (de Vries)
Stearman, Friedrich, Johnson, El Kaoutari (Berra, R.Bennett)
Jali, Stepanenko (O'Hara, Verratti) ------- Midfeild, not DM's.
Kightly, Bressan, V. Kadlec (Edwards) ------- Attacking Midfielders
J. Rodriguez (Keogh, C.Fierro)

I want to look at signing a keeper, some fullbacks and centerbacks, an AMR and possibly a backup AML so i can play Kadlec as striker.

Thanks in advance!!

Last edited:
Judging by that I think you'll need to spend quite a bit

Haha, what is your full team, and budget, player roles etc.?

check aaron lennon for right winger he usually cheap second season as for keepers the really good ones wont be interested so try and stick with hennessey and for cb i'd have a look at one of the ajax pair if you have the money

oops sorry i forgot my budget! rookie error!!

my budget is £36Million, with a wage budget of £433k (£91k left)

here is my full team: View attachment 225318

Also have C.Fierro and A.Paloschi coming in on frees at end of the month, in contract discussions with Eriksen also. And N. Milijas is leaving for £2.2m in august.

check aaron lennon for right winger he usually cheap second season as for keepers the really good ones wont be interested so try and stick with hennessey and for cb i'd have a look at one of the ajax pair if you have the money

the least they would take for lennon is £17m so probs gonna find someone else :p and made an offer of £7.5m for Vertonghen so hopefully that can go through!

Corchia, Vrsaljko RB, Makeev, Diego Renan R/LB,
ter Stegen, Ospina, Luis Guilherme GK (wouldn't say you needed to replace Hennessey for a season or two though)
Xherdan Shaqiri, Karim Ait Fana, Schelotto AMR/L

Youness Kaboul is usually a safe bet for a solid CB and usually available for around £5million.

Kyle Walker
Jack Robinson - Gets really good.
Not sure how unrealistic they will be for you as you're in Europa.

Ter Stegen in goal, think he's quite cheap

Im doing a wolves save and currently on beginning of second season,siguddson from hoffenhiam would be a good right sided midfielder n will probably cost bout 8-9m...i signed de laet (free) cb cover,caulker 4m cb cover,walker 2m new right back,cattermole as cm as rotation (only 600k as sunderland went down)digne lb rotation 2m.... i doubt the likes of Ter Stegen Jack Robinson Vrsaljko as ive tried....AML is interesting as ive beenlooking for an alternative to jarvis but cant really find anyone suitable that wants to join as of yet....gotta opt for a regen in this position maybe, i found a 442 with wingers pushed forward a great formation with wolves so is 424 when attacking...came 7th first season....so thats an option to stick kadlec up top.