Silk & Steel - Back to Basics. 1 Season 6 Trophies. FM14 & Truly OWNED!

Rosler71

Reaction score
Well, I wasn't going to post anymore FM14 tactics with FM15 round the corner, but with the success i had below (and a few others on the SI forum) i just had to put this up.

I've never been so consistent with anything on FM14.

I have a strong squad now, media prediction is 5th, but even so these are stunning results.

Tested it with Norwich season 1, no transfers, finished 4th. To be fair the range would be about 8th - 4th but a few things went my way.

Tried it with Arsenal season 1, no transfers and could only manage 3rd, so doesn't always work (Arsenal have an imbalanced squad).

Its not a massively high scoring tactic, but solid at the back and it just seems to be able to put long unbeaten runs together.

Plug & Play, you don't need to touch a thing. Should work with teams at all levels.

Squad.

High work rate across all midfield roles, CM/A's need to be able to finish. DLP good passing. Wingbacks need to be quick with high work rate and good crosser's.

At least one striker should be big powerful type.

Other than that your good to go.

If you have superstar wide players don't be afraid to retrain to the DR/DL roles as they are very attacking or into the CM/A position if they have high work rate and basic defensive qualities.

QYnPm0q.png

Was on a 35 game unbeaten run, Southampton spoilt that, then immediately went on this run to finish season.

And Norwich test, season 1 no transfers.

gz2e1Mk.png

THE TACTIC

**i'm at work, the above screenshot is a slightly earlier version as thats all i have to hand, the Box to Box guy is now a DLP. The tactic below is correct. everything else is the same**

Silk & Steel B2B

Let it bed in and you should be fine.

Good luck!

Last edited:
It seems great but you should try for 2014. I think this results is not very successful because it is normal for 2034.

Will test when i arrive home
Silk & Steel always work for me

Looks solid. Quick test with Hansa Rostock (German 3rd Division). Will use it with a long term Usti nad Labem (Czech 2nd Division) soon and give some feedback! :)

What match prep do you use bro ?

MATCH - Tactics only till fluid, then Attacking Movement all season.

GENERAL - Team Cohesion for 3 months (important) then leave on Balanced

I would use 2 fbs on support and give one striker attack duty

what about players filter or whats most importen to look for when buying new players?

I am currently testing this tactic with Leeds in the Championship. So far so good: 4 out of 4 wins in the league!

I will upload some screenshots later in the season.

Playing as Anderlecht, 3 games, 3 wins.

Scoring 9 and 5 goals conceded. My striker who played on the left however has scored 7 of those, the striker on the right nothing.

Looking a good tactic though.