Silkmen getting there slowly but surely.

Nathy94

Reaction score
Im going to take control of Macclesfield town in league 2, predicted 21st, but flying high in real life, only 2 points of playoffs, ill update, transfers, friendles, and at the end of every month my fixtures, and hope to get a mid table finish in first season, so here we go :)

---------- Post added at 09:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 PM ----------

On th 7t July 2011 Macclesfield Chairman Mike Rance announced that Gary Simpsons replacement would be Nathan Whiting. Nathan Whiting takes over the reigns at Macclesfield and starts with immiediate effect. He has signed a new 2 year contratc. The board has offered him £64.000 to achieve a mid table finish or higher.
My first game was aginst the reserves. Macc Town 3 Macc Reserves 2. Goals from Nat Brown, Ben Tomlinson and a D Smith own goal gave the first team the win thy wanted. Whiting first venture into the transfer maket came on the 10th July, when he signed highly rated striker Leon Knight from Coleraine for £12.000. The fans were delighted. Also on the same day, Left midfielder Chris Chandler joined on loan from Man City.
The next friendly was one to forget as Macc lost 3-1 at home to Wycombe. Mukendi gave the home side an early lead but Wycombe hit back in the second half to secure the win. Maccs second friendly win came away at Bedford when they ran out 4-2 winners. Goals coming from Mukendi, Brisley, Brown and Grant. However, just two days later, Macclesfield Town not being able to hold the lead came back to haunt them, as yet agaiin they let a 1 goal lead slip at home to Livingston, as they lost 2-1. Brisley put in a man of the match performance against Southport as he scored 2 goals making sure the Silkmen returned home with the win. However in the last 2 friendles, defeat as they lost 1-0 away at barrow, and yet again lost the lead, as they got outplayed by a very good Crystal Palace 5-2.
Now its the start of the season, where the Silkmen start at home to Bristol Rovers, followed by Doncaster in the Carling Cup, I'll post Augest results at the end of the month, and any new signings that might happen.