anjanthebe

Reaction score
200px-Simao_Mate_Junior_in_Panathinaikos.jpg

Name: Simão Mate Junior
Nationality: Mozambique
Club: Shandong
Position: Defensive Midfielder
Available Prive: £600k-£1million

One of the best hidden players in the game, plying his trade in China. Somehow, my scout was able to find him and bought him straight away for £600k for my West Ham team. With my team i love to play the classic English style; long ball, aggressive 4-4-2 etc which perfectly suits his game. With aggression and determination of 19 and 18 i think he is for destroyer role in my team, playing alongside Jack Collision as Box to Box Midfielder.

View attachment 307369

The most underrated player in my team with players like James Tomkins and James Vaughn taking most of the plaudits. Last season having played 34 games all together with only two man of the match, 9 yellow, 0 red, a whopping highest tackle of 9.67, and an average rating of 7.46, not bad for a Ball Winning Midfielder. No matter how bad the team plays, he always seems to be consistent. Got him on January window in my first season and trained him in a midfield position, he has managed kick out Alou Diarra, Diame, Gary O' Neil, Dean Whitehead and now Jason Lowe.

View attachment 307376

View attachment 307377

View attachment 307378
My tactics is simple, don't play with the ball, play with the opposition. I set my strategy to either defensive or counter attack and hassle the opponents shout. Defensive players thrive in these settings, and somehow i manage to win games against the big teams and stay within the top four. Three seasons and just won a FA Cup and a Community Shield with top four finish in all three seasons, thanks to inform players like him and Tomkins who has been the Hammer of the Year twice in a row.

Let me know how you think about him.

hey bud, yes he is very well known around these forums and most FM forums :)

he is a good player, he used to play for Panathanaikos a few years ago and I always recommended him to everyone..

this year, even more people know about him

I am trying to sign him at the moment for QPR :)

why don't you post the actual settings you use for him as well for a guide to how others can use him?

quite surprised Panathanaikos let him go for free. i got him cheap and now hes 10 millions. if his salary demand is more than £30k i ll sell him, since i am running a tight ship.

Unfortunately Panathinaikos is in terrible financial situation IRL. He could not match the Chinese offer. Simao is a real defensife "dog" but actually he cannot pass it 2m away and he scored like 1 goal in 5 years. Despite that fact I really loved him.

Hey Raikan, I asked it in another thread but since you see this here, can you help me with the Hamsik-Nem combination in a 3-4-1-2 formation?

how on earth has Simao 12 in passing? Probably no FM scout has seen him play IRL

post a SS of his actual role settings mate, not your team instructions

Got him for Reading first season january for 300k.
Absolute beast.
BWM support role,gets forward and really makes a lot of intelligent runs to get the ball in dangerous places.Has scored 6 goals,including a hat trick.
Most goals from in or around the edge of the area.
Great player.
He has become one of my must buys alongside Nem and Adryan.

View attachment 307404

Got him for Reading first season january for 300k.
Absolute beast.
BWM support role,gets forward and really makes a lot of intelligent runs to get the ball in dangerous places.Has scored 6 goals,including a hat trick.
Most goals from in or around the edge of the area.
Great player.
He has become one of my must buys alongside Nem and Adryan.

View attachment 307404
i play him with defend. scored few goals absoulte screamer from edge of the box. he has shoot with power ppm. could be a decent bbm.