England66

Reaction score
Here is the link for the tactic - http://www.mediafire.com/download/o...lica_D472AC9E-07C3-43A9-93D0-326DF5BE176E.fmf

So here is a defensive minded tactic that is aimed at working hard for the team with as little individual ability needed as possible to succeed. Every player has a role they play for the good of the team in this, it works for both the little and big teams. Inspired by Simeone's Atletico in which Griezmann is the obvious star talent, but otherwise they are a well organised and well drilled outfit.

This won't smash teams and some games you will lose but that inevitable. Most games are 1-0 but sometimes you do get the occasional 3-0 win especially at home against big teams I find as they come to you more which plays right into this tactic.

You will need a good striker up front to finish and a good midfielder either wing to create the chances. For this I used Embolo, Adama Traore and Grealish. All of which fit perfectly into this system.

Here are some screenshots:

Results (half way through the season):

View attachment 142472View attachment 142471

Table:

View attachment 142469

So here is the tactic itself:

View attachment 142467View attachment 142466

Let me know if you have any success with this and how it goes. Any suggestions to improve or further the tactic would be great.

Last edited:
what about Opposition Instructions?

Generally I just use the *** man if he has decent tactical knowledge. Only thing I would say is try to turn wingers who can cross inside as that seems to be where most goals are conceded.

Can you post a screenshot with what the player roles are? Sorry, at the office so can't download.

I used this for about 10 games with my Stuttgart side and it was pretty **** sturdy, even away to big teams. Might need to tweak it at home against weaker sides, since they tend to sit deep anyway, though. Otherwise, good solid tactic.

I used this for about 10 games with my Stuttgart side and it was pretty **** sturdy, even away to big teams. Might need to tweak it at home against weaker sides, since they tend to sit deep anyway, though. Otherwise, good solid tactic.

Yeah, I found where I was playing as the smallest club in the league most teams came to win so wasn't particularly a problem. I will look into it with a bigger team with the aim of making it more offensive for the home occasions. Thanks for the feedback.

Yeah, I found where I was playing as the smallest club in the league most teams came to win so wasn't particularly a problem. I will look into it with a bigger team with the aim of making it more offensive for the home occasions. Thanks for the feedback.
I'm still using it, ended up winning the title with Stuttgart in 2017/2018 basically using it exclusively. I played around some trying to adjust to small teams at home.I think simply raising it to counter or standard and moving the defensive line slightly higher might do the trick, but I haven't tried it yet.

I'm still using it, ended up winning the title with Stuttgart in 2017/2018 basically using it exclusively. I played around some trying to adjust to small teams at home.I think simply raising it to counter or standard and moving the defensive line slightly higher might do the trick, but I haven't tried it yet.

Glad it is working for you. :)

Would you mind me asking your team? Just interested in who you got that worked well for you.

I am going to try and play around with it to make it more attacking at home. Atm i'm struggling to get it to go more offensive without losing the defensive solidarity.

Glad it is working for you. :) Would you mind me asking your team? Just interested in who you got that worked well for you. I am going to try and play around with it to make it more attacking at home. Atm i'm struggling to get it to go more offensive without losing the defensive solidarity.
Giovanni Simeone/Timo Werner--Ferati/Maia/Vlasic/Redmond--Willems/Gustavo Gomez/Subotic/Grosskreutz--Rulli

Great tactic however, give credit to the creator who made this, as the exact same tactic can be found on fmscout, just this file is renamed.

Man you can tell I took a long break because my own version is at the top of this thread lol.Hmm. Maybe I'll just use these roles with my TI from that thread.

Ghents, the tactic you created with a helping hand from others is the best replication of Simeone and Atletico Madrid out there atm, have you tried playing your tactic on Defensive, would be interesting to see the results.

Great tactic however, give credit to the creator who made this, as the exact same tactic can be found on fmscout, just this file is renamed.

I guarantee you it isn't I created this myself with rewatching a lot of atletico games and can provide proof if necessary. I have made quite a lot of these and if you look at the player instructions it goes further in depth. I would like to say that I have played around with this and modified it to get it to play how it does.

I guarantee you it isn't I created this myself with rewatching a lot of atletico games and can provide proof if necessary. I have made quite a lot of these and if you look at the player instructions it goes further in depth. I would like to say that I have played around with this and modified it to get it to play how it does.

Im not trying to undermine you at all its just, everything is the same, from set pieces to PI's & TI's, maybe great minds think alike, or he might have copied you, but its very rare to see two tactics that are exactly the same.

Last edited:
Im not trying to undermine you at all its just, everything is the same, from set pieces to PI's & TI's, maybe great minds think alike, or he might have copied you, but its very rare to see two tactics that are exactly the same.

Yeah I agree that is odd. I can say that I haven't copied anyones so would be interested to know when the other one was uploaded. But anyway my set pieces aren't actually altered I don't think.

Yeah I agree that is odd. I can say that I haven't copied anyones so would be interested to know when the other one was uploaded. But anyway my set pieces aren't actually altered I don't think.

It says this thread started at 10pm last week, his was on the 25th June, quite odd to see everything exactly the same though, i apologise for accusing you, i just hate seeing people take credit for something they havent done or created, The OI's are different though, here is the link anyways...

Simeone 4-4-2 Tactics FM16