Simply put - 'My FM10 career' by Orlando Saint

Orlandosaint

Reaction score
Hello ladies and gentlemen. I've always wanted to document my football manager careers on the internet so I thought I would give it a go. I hope to acheive managerial success to old fashioned way by starting somewhere and moving up in the world with trial and error, up's and down's etc etc. Also I wanted to break away from the fiction side of the writing that a lot of people are doing and stick to the basics as I'm not much of a story teller. So my layout will be fairly simple and occasionally I will give it a fresh look or approach to keep you guys interested.

I have started a brand new game from scratch and here is the details and information regarding my first story on here:

INFORMATION
leagues: ENGLAND (BLUE SQUARE REGIONALS AND UP), ITALY (SERIE B AND UP), FRANCE (LIGUE 2 AND UP), GERMANY (SECOND DIVISION AND ABOVE), SCOTLAND (THIRD DIVISION AND ABOVE) AND SPAIN (LIGA ALADENTE AND UP)

Database: LARGE (around 45000 players I think)

Starting conditions: RANDOM CLUB AFTER 5 RANDOMISE CLICKS

Tactics and Training: MY OWN (No downloads or super tactics)

Other Rules: I can only apply for jobs if I am currently unemployed, but I can move clubs if I am offered a position at one. Also I will try and make things as realistic as possible, using scouts to find players and watching them before just splashing the cash on an unknown by looking at his stats.

Updates: I will try after every real life day of playing to update you guys on whats been going on.

So without further wasting yours or my time I will proceed with the story. After 4 clicks I knew that my next one would be the team I was to manage first in what I hope to be a very successful career, I had my hopes......Manchester United, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Southampton etc etc but alas it wasn't meant to be.............. I was stuck with THE CONGO

150px-

Yes to my disapointment I was given not just an international team but a below average international team from Africa who's fixture list for the next 2 years consisted of just one friendly because of their early exits from the World Cup Qualification and the African Cup of Nations qualification rounds. Granted at least this would be a challange and maybe the one I was looking for. The current stars that represent the Congo are well known european players, but there are in truth very few of those. Most of the national pool is consisted of Reserve team players or professionals without a team. Getting fit and quality players is a major issue for this national side. There only acheivements to date were 1 African Cup of Nations win (1972), African Under 20 Championships (2007) and The All-African Games Football Tournement (1965). But they have never qualified for the World Cup in there 40 year history.

STADIUM

STADE DE LA REVOLUTION - capacity: An impressive 50,000 (I'm actually suprised)
6kzw4t2.jpg

STAR PLAYERS
bolton_blackburn6_359x470.jpg
9e271cb5d79a549566862ffdb90dd95a.jpg

In Order - Christopher Samba (DC/ST) - Oscar Ewolo (DM/MC)

Other mentions go to:

Barel Mouko (GK), Chris Malonga (AMLC), Steven Moyoukolo (DC) and Dennis Tsoumou (DM/MC)

-------------------------------------------------------

Anyway that is it for tonight. I will try and get on tommorow with my first update and if you guys have any questions about this story or Congo players, just PM me or reply to this thread. At the moment I'm in the process of arranging friendlys, going to watch a few possible call ups at there respective sides and putting together a backroom team as I only currently have a lousy regen as my assistant manager to help me run things. At least he's agreeable with how I want my team to play lol.

Anyway till next time - thanks for reading

Good luck with this mate - could you have got a more difficult team to start with?!

Just a quick word before the update, thanks guys for your support so far. And Bugu111 - you are right I literally couldn't of asked for a more difficult start lol But its turning out to be really enjoyable so far so no complaints from me.

----------------------------------------------

150px-

In game date: 25th December 2009 (yep! xmas day, happy xmas everyone!)

SQUAD NEWS AND UPDATES

Since my national pool only consisted of 56 known professional footballers I was made fully aware that my options in the shape of a squad were severely limited. So to help expand my options further I quickly called up several players that although aren't Congolese would be able to play for me. The most noticeable talents who have impressed me are: Yohan M'Vila and Tertulien Denga who were French to begin with are now very proud Congolese internationals.

After watching several players at their respective clubs whom I was on the fence about calling up I decided on my 1st Choice 26 man squad. With so fewer players it was relatively straight forward and I fully believe in sticking to the same core and structure at international level so the players I have are the players I knew I can trust.

GOALKEEPERS

Daniel Dengaky - Barel Mouko - Mignon Ndingha

DEFENDERS

Theddy Ongoly (DRC) – Bruce Abdoulaye (DRLC/WBRL) – Tertulien Denga (DRC/WBR) – Steven Mouyokolo (DC) - Christopher Samba (DC) - Amine Linganzi (DC/DMC) – Prince Oniangue (DC/DMC) – Mimille Okiele (D/WBR) – Francis M’Nganga (D/WBL)

MIDFIELDERS

Oscar Ewolo (DM/MC) – Denis Tsoumou (DM/MC) – Delvin Ndinga (DM/MC) – Yohan M’Vila (MRC)

ATTACKING MIDFIELDERS

Rolf Christal Guie-Mien (AMRC) – Fabrice N’Guessi (AMR) – Yannick Salem (AMRL) - Bovid Itoua (AMLC) – Chris Malonga (AMLC) – Cecil Filankembo (AMC)

FORWARDS

Thernand Bakouboulo – Walter Bakouma – Ladislas Douniama – Matt Moussilou

FIXTURES AND RESULTS

After looking at my sorry looking fixture list I decided to go ahead and arrange some friendly’s to keep me occupied and learn more about the squad. After the 20th attempt or so of trying and failing to lure some big name national sides to play against I decided to just go with my gut instinct and ask some of the lesser known nations and within a few days I had a full fixture list which would keep me somewhat occupied until at least the next World Cup.

Wednesday 12.8.09

Stade du Prince Moulay Abdallah, Morocco

ATT: 23649

Morocco 2 - 0 Congo

Marouane Chamakh (9)
Abdoulay Konko (12)

Started with a 4-4-1-1 formation with Malonga the playmaker behind the front man but fell behind very quickly and struggled to get going in this match. Never looked upto Morocco’s standards and only managed to keep the score respectable through MOM GK Barel Mouko

Saturday 5.9.09
Stade de le Revolution, Congo
ATT: 29992

Congo 3 - 1 Afghanistan
Shahar Bahamn (5)
Oscar Ewolo (8)
Christopher Samba (45+3)
Ladisal Douniama (54)

I changed the formation and mentality of the side for todays game and came out with an aggresive looking 4-2-4 formations with 2 out and out wingers who have freedom to cut in from the flanks. We dominated the game despite going behind early. Easy peasy first win for me and hopefully the start of many more. MOM Oscar Ewolo

Wednesday 9.9.09
ATT: 30075

Congo 3 - 1 Central African Republic
Matt Moussilou (8,65)
Chris Malonga (27)
Gildes Dambeti (79)

Again, another satisfying and easy victory. Chris Malonga played up front with Moussilou and was used to great effect as a deep lying forward. His turn of pace was devestating and fun to watch. But slight annoyed at giving away a silly goal late on. MOM Matt Moussilou

Saturday 10.10.09
ATT: 30325

Congo 2 - 2 DR Congo
Matt Moussilou (45+2)
Chris Makiese (48)
Yannick Kakoko (85)
Anime Linganzi (90)

Frustration was the name of this game. We dominated from start to finish and only come out with a draw thanks to Blackburn defenders Anime Linganzi's last minute strike. But this was no doubt a great game for the neutrals as these two bitter rivals battled it out. A good warm up for some high pressure games to come in the future. MOM Yohan M'Vila

Saturday 14.11.09
Tofik Bahramov Republican Stadium, Azerbaijan
ATT: 17550

Azerbaijan 0 - 2 Congo
Matt Moussilou (15,61)

Billed a potentional tough challanger for Congo they overcame it with a comfortable 2-0 win which I was pleased with. We played with fluency going forward and had a no nonsence attitude at the back. 2 great goals from MOM Matt Moussilou helped make it even more enjoyable

Wednesday 18.11.09
Unknown, Zanzibar
ATT: 3946

Zanzibar 0 - 3 Congo
Matt Moussilou (5,17,56)

A striking masterclass from Matt Moussilou helped us on our way with a result that should of been doubled in all fairness. I put this friendly up as more of an experimental one which I could try fringe players out. I was left a little dissapointed from my back up players as no one really shone. MOM Matt Moussilou

STAFFING AND BEHIND THE SCENES

When I joined Congo I only had a regen assistant manager to help me run 3 teams plus training so I was well aware that I need to get together a decent back room staff that I might well take around with me in the future. I put in several offers for various unknown coaches and all them rejected. I almost gave up hope until I put and add out for all our open posistions and within a week I had established a fairly decent coaching team from various background

- Karim Boukra (U-21 TM) - Algerian born, former Morten and Paris FC player
- Koffi Badohoun (U-19 TM) - Togo born, former Lille player who retired early due to injury. Only 26 years old so should be able to relate to the kids lol
- Hassan Kachloul (Coach) - Former Moroccan international and professional footballer who has played at the very top with Southampton. Will be a great addition to the team.
- Romarin Aime Billong (GK coach) - Former Cameronian international GK. Will provide good tips and advice to our future GK's (Also had a brief loan spell at West Ham)

Other News

As soon as winter hit I was linked with all sort's of posistion's from various clubs who's current managers are about to get the axe. Hyde Utd were the first, followed by Maidenhead and Farsley. Then came my first non-english linked side, Berwick. All links suggested that the teams would not be re-newing there managers contracts and offer me the posistions at the end of the season. I'm not sure about my feelings on any of those teams but I would take serious consideration if I got offered the Berwick Job. Maybe do both Congo and Berwick if they would let me. We shall have to wait and see on that one.

Lionel MESSI wins footballer of the year, with Wayne ROONEY and Sergio AGUERO finishing 2nd and 3rd place.

Congonese player of the year went to :
MATT MOUSSILOU
matt-moussilou.jpg

Matt deserves it for his 8 goals in 6 apperances and has being a massive positive influence on the guys.

---------------------------
Anyway thats it for today, thanks for reading.

Upcoming fixtures below which will follow with another update hopefully fairly soon.

WED 3.3.10 - GABON (H)
SAT 5.6.10 - TOGO (A)

Last edited: