awalker14

Reaction score
Last Updated on 23/08/11

Story

I set out to make a tactic that is both good defensively and good at attacking, usually ill go for all out attack or all out defense, i also tried to add something iv never done before and after thinking what i could do for a while i decided to make a tactic to suit playing teams with certain formations.
so i had to make a good attacking tactic which is equally good in defense while creating formations to suit playing certain formation, soo it was no easy feet to create.
After a while i had come up with three formations but same tactic for all.
The aim of the three formations was to turn an opponents strengths into his weakness, again no easy feet.
So with the basic tactic and formations i set about testing and the results where amazing to say the least.
I did the testing over three and half seasons with derby county. First season i got promotion via play offs after finishing 5th in the league with a very basic team, 2nd season i finished 13th in the prem, 4th season i finished 5th and the won Europa cup and the 4th season i was top in December before my save went corrupt! I did however start a new save but made the formations more advanced, ill post these formations in the thread.
ill explain the tactics below vvv

My tactic is split into three formations (4-2-3-1, 4-3-2-1 and 4-1-2-2-1) soo ill explain each formation and how to use them below vvv

Formation one (4-2-3-1)
short description
: this is most attacking out of the three formations and the goals are usually shared around the top 4 usually ACM getting most of them but the CMs also get there fair share.

key players:Both wingers and ACM also need decent striker + CMs.

formation to play against: standard 4-4-2

download link + screen shots vvv
View attachment 193063
View attachment 193064

Formation two (4-3-2-1)
short description: This is my favorite one of the three and is probably the most well balanced out of the three.

Key players
: Both wingers and striker also need good CMs
Formation to play against: any formation with CDM unless they have ACM then you would use formation three.

Screen shots and downloads below vvv

View attachment 193065
View attachment 193072

Formation three (4-1-2-2-1)

Short description: Ths is the most defensive one out of the three and it aims to keep the ACM of the ball and not allow him space or time on the ball.

Key players: again bother wingers, CDM and decent Cms

formation to play against: any formation using an ACM

Download link and screen shot below vvv
View attachment 193067
View attachment 193068

match prep:
team blend until week before season then i use attacking moment and usually swap to defensive movement if i think i am starting to concede and vise Theresa

shouts:
use none

team talk:
for the big games i use "for the fans", when i play a bigger team i use "you can win this" and when playing small teams i use "expect win" any other game i let me assistance manger pick

View attachment 193069View attachment 193070

enjoy my tactic and please let me know what you think and how you got on:)
also if i have missed anything out please say and ill add it in ;)

Last edited:
Very interesting take on tactical sets. I really like the simplicity of it, and I will try it out.

Steve

Last edited:
.... Someone's going to get his *** banned. Gladly it ain't me!

Last edited:
awalker14: What do you use for the match preperation?

iv added match prep to bottom of the page

---------- Post added 10/08/2011 at 06:01 PM ---------- Previous post was 09/08/2011 at 04:47 PM ----------

He's reffering to the teams he will beat with this tactic,you get a minus from me.;)

ok im sorry but Someone is going have to show me where abouts iv said im going to beat so and so team because i cant see anything like that unless im blind?

Last edited:
where to download?? will try with the one and only ac milan

This tactic doesn't work i played it for my burnley team in the prem and i lost to wolves 1-0 lost to man city 2-0 lost to stooke

This tactic doesn't work i played it for my burnley team in the prem and i lost to wolves 1-0 lost to man city 2-0 lost to stooke

Either you're a ****-poor manager, or you haven't been following his instructions...

Either you're a ****-poor manager, or you haven't been following his instructions...

TBH you can hardly see if a tactic works from 2 or 3 games. they have to learn it over a few months before you can see how well it will do

So you tried a tactic for two games, most likely mid-season and made the decision to post that the tactic doesn't work?

I think we can safely assume that an important part of your body doesn't work, or not very well at that. :O

So you tried a tactic for two games, most likely mid-season and made the decision to post that the tactic doesn't work?

I think we can safely assume that an important part of your body doesn't work, or not very well at that. :O

BUT HE NEEDZ TEH REZULTS NAO.