When will Sir Alan drive Vauxhall to the premiership?

• Never.

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • In the minimum time (5 years).

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • In 8 years or less.

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • In ten years or less.

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • He will get there but will be on death's door by the time he succeeds.

Votes: 4 16.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Panther

Banned
Reaction score
BBCSPORTBANNER.png

SHOCK VAUXHALL MOTORS FC MANAGER APPOINTMENT

There was general shock throughout the UK today as Sir Alan Sugar; British entrepreneur, Labour Lord and TV personality was hired as manager of non-league football club Vauxhall Motors. Sir Alan is usually the one doing the hiring and firing but today roles were reversed as the chairman of Vauxhall Motors FC was reported to have told Sir Alan two simple words "You're hired."
Several different reports have sprung up with it being anybodies guess as to why Sir Alan Sugar would take on such an unusual and badly paid job on the opposite side of the UK to the area where he lives with his wife of 42 years; Lady Ann Sugar. Some pundits both in football and politics have suggested that Sugar has taken on the job as a political stunt to gain popularity with the public prior to an election that is expected to be called early next year. The Lord already has an annual hit TV show; the apprentice, but a new series of this is not expected until 2011 now because the BBC do not want to show bias towards the Labour party in the run up to an election. Sugar is a labour minister and the BBC trust deemed it to be inappropriate for such a figure to be in the public eye before the 2009 or 2010 general election which has not yet been announced by Prime Minister Gordon Brown.
Sugar is only earning £350p/w at the club and so money was clearly not on Sir Alan's mind when he agreed to be manager. He has bought a small amount of Vauxhall Motors shares recently (reportedly between 1% and 2%) and has been a friend of Tony Woodley (the head of the Unite union and director of football at Vauxhall Motors) for a long time. Tony Woodley reportedly had talks with Sugar about the possibility of him becoming manager a few months ago and Woodley apparently passed on his recommendation as to who should be manager to club chairman Alan Bartlam who proceeded to hire Sir Alan in this extraordinary manner for this token fee.
Vauxhall Motors F.C. play in the Blue Square Conference North and are expected to be a strong candidate for relegation this season so Tottenham fan Sugar will certainly have to pull his finger out if he wants his club playing conference football next season as well. Sugar was Chairman of Tottenham Hotspur for 10 years but was dogged for the whole decade by the media and by fans. He sacked 6 managers in 10 years and abused players prompting many managers and players to publicly complain about him. Sir Alan called his time at Tottenham "a complete waste of life" and will be hoping his time at Vauxhall Motors F.C. is far more enjoyable. He will almost certainly be hard to please as manager and if the players have any sense they will try and get into his good books before it is too late and they find themselves paying for a taxi home. The players at the club are all part timers and most of them are either employees at the Vauxhall Motors factory or live and work locally somewhere else. Sir Alan is known to not be a great fan of foreign footballers but this will not stop him buying abroad to get a bargain as if there is something he likes a lot, it is cold, hard cash as his bank balance of £830 million will testify. He has said in a press statement that he will be looking to bring great success to the club although with the club in a poor league with poor finances he has said he will remain realistic. He has said that at the age of 63 he does not expect champions league football before he retires but he will try his very best to raise this club to great heights.
Sugar recently announced he will be updating a blog on an internet site every now and then and that he hopes many people will follow him into the unknown territory of non-league football as he sets off in the hope that he will drive Vauxhall Motors F.C. to success!

Oh dear, imagine him as a manager XD good luck man

Good luck.

blog_icon.jpg

Sir Alan Sugar: Hi Blog followers, I'm new to blogging and as I'm sure you have all heard I am the new manager of Vauxhall Motors F.C. I have great experience in business and football and I hope to bring success. I'm tired tonight and will next blog when I have a few games under my belt. See you then followers!

-Rooney misses Pen- Half time talk "Rooney your fired" Thank you for that image :)

Lol, i could see him doing that, wouldnt surprised me if he fires the whole team

blog_icon.jpg

When taking on this job I had no idea how challenging it could possibly be. Despite having experience as Tottenham Chairman I had never realised how hard it was to make my own successful tactics. I will take you all through the struggles I have faced on a daily basis since agreeing to try to drive Vauxhall Motors to success.
Arrival:
When I arrived at the club I was surprisingly nervous about what I should expect. The club are not in a very good financial situation and so a transfer budget was out of the question. In the end I managed to secure £2.5K per week in wages for club staff and players. In return I must help the club to avoid relegation this season but I hope to achieve much, much more.
I'm a straight talking kind of guy and let me be honest with you, the squad I took over on arrival at the club is a ****** shambles and the squad don't seem to have a ****** clue. The media predict that we will finish 18th but with the harsh changes I'm about to bring in I'm sure we can only look upwards. When I have some games under my belt I will update. See you all then.

UPDATE:
My career at Vauxhall Motors F.C. is underway now and although you may have seen the results to these matches on Gillette Soccer Saturday I am going to give you my take on the games I manage at the club:
Pre Season:
I have played some friendly games in Pre-Season so far so that I can ascertain exactly how good my squad is before the tough season ahead begins.
H 0-0 vs Reserves
Bore draw against reserves. I will have to work hard to bring the best out of these lacklustre players.
H 1-1 vs Salisbury | Noon
A good game here and a hard earned point against opposition in a higher league, even if it is pre-season.
H 0-2 vs Tranmere Rovers
An expected loss against League One opposition. The only positive I can draw from this game is that we managed to earn some money in ticket sales.
H 1-0 vs Guiseley | Moogan
My first win. An easy win against amateur opposition. We could and SHOULD have scored more.
H 0-2 vs Walsall
Once again we were spanked by a superior league one team. My Blue Square North part timers never looked like causing an upset but we'll take this friendly as a learning curve.
H 2-1 vs Dorchester | Furlong, Noone
I am pleased with this victory against conference south side Dorchester. They were the better team on paper but our fighting spirit and my superior tactics won the game for us in the end.
H 0-1 vs GH Academy
We were unlucky to concede an 89th minute goal here. We battled hard throughout but never looked like causing an upset. Good performance though.
A 1-2 vs Whitby | Noon x2
Our first game away from home this campaign and the last friendly of pre-season saw us beat amateur side Whitby in a good contest. If my team can rally together we could well have a successful season ahead.

Keep following bloggers and please comment. I will update again soon. :)

Last edited:
Good luck mate. Have loved the motormen/ the whites since my story with them on 09. Have fun :D ;)

as sir alan sugar injected much cash into the team?

No. I have not edited anything within the game. On the game nothing has changed except me being Sir Alan Sugar. I DO NOT really own any of the club.

Lol you got beat by GH Academy. Unlucky. I voted in prem by 8 years I reckong you can do it.

blog_icon.jpg

After pre-season bloggers I knew I would have to make serious changes if I was going to be a force in the league this season so I did just that.
Transfers:
The following players were either hired or fired by yours truly:
VauxhallMotors.png

Competitive Season Update:
H 1-3 vs Gainsborough | Furlong
A dreadful start to the season saw us beaten soundly by Gainsborough. I thought we had turned a corner in the game when we equalised but sadly it wasn't to be as they cruised to victory with another two goals.
A 4-4 vs Harrogate | Furlong x2, Noone, Noon.
I thought we were going to romp to victory in this great away thriller but two penalties scored by the opposition and a shocking own goal by our new left back unfortunately meant only a point was earned. The left back Curtis McDonald received a back pass and in ridiculous fear turned around and passed it to our goalkeeper at great speed with poor accuracy sending the home fans into raptures. Goal of the season?
A 2-0 vs Alfreton
We are still searching for that first important win after soundly losing away to Alfreton here. We must pull our act together because we are slipping down the table at an alarming rate.
H 0-2 vs Fleetwood | Furlong missed penalty
We unfortunately crashed to another home defeat and we are still without a win this season. Fleetwood are a great team but we must get a win soon or we are going to be in major trouble. The loss was extremely disappointing as we missed a chance to get back into the game when we missed a penalty.
A 4-1 vs Hinckley | Dennis
Things are getting really desperate now. We just keep losing and the chants calling for my head have started up. I'll prove them wrong. Mark my words.

Good results. Cant wait to see Alan Sugar's team play Blyth Spartans. Good luck though.

blog_icon.jpg

I'm back bloggers, even though I've been quite depressed from recent results. The fans that turn up to matches have been heckling me through the windows of my Roller. I have pledged to turn a corner however. Here is an update of my results.
Competitive Season Update:
H 3-2 vs Stafford | Noon x2, Dennis
My first win of the season allowed both me and the fans to go home happy. A good performance by the lads, hopefully we will only go onwards and upwards.
A 0-0 vs Stalybridge
A bitter-sweet point here against a tough and battling ten men Stalybridge. We controlled the game and perhaps we should have have snatched a goal here but they were good in front of their own fans.
H 2-1 vs Gloucester | Wright(penalty), Dennis
A deserved win at home here gives us our 8th point of the season as we begin our steady ascent of the table.
H 4-1 vs Blyth | Noon x3, Dennis
A brilliant team performance and an amazing hat-trick by striker Karl Noon sees us deal Blyth their first loss of the season. The team has started to gel and we are forcing our way up the table.
A 3-1 vs Ilkeston | Dennis
A horrible loss against Ilkeston sends our faithful Vauxhall fans crashing back to earth. Just when we were going on an unbelievable run we get dealt a fierce blow that crushes team morale. Hopefully this will spur us on towards success.
H 2-0 vs Solihull Moors | Dennis, Noon
A good performance by the Dennis/Noon up front partnership launches us nearer to the top half of the table as we mount the perfect comeback after the loss to Ilkeston.
FA CUP 2ND QUALIFYING ROUND:
H 2-1 vs Leek | Dennis, Wright
A fair performance against non-league side Leek is enough to push us into the 3rd Qualifying round. We came back from 1-0 to win the game.
Back to Blue Square North Results:
A 0-3 vs Workington | Wright, Noone, Furlong(Penalty)
A great result as we play great football beating Workington in front of their own fans. FA cup 3rd qualifying round match next.
FA CUP 3RD QUALIFYING ROUND:
A 0-0 vs Northwich
A bored draw where the few chances available were all squandered by US. At least the next match is a replay against them at home.
H 1-0 vs Northwich | Dennis
The FA cup third qualifying round replay at home saw us beat an unusually lacklustre Northwich with a lone goal that we were luck to get. Another boring match but one in which we got the right result. We really are on form now.

i like the format... keep up the good work i will follow