dhurley

Reaction score
Has anyone been able to recreate the 4-3-3 that Fergie used to use mostly in tough games. Use the 2008 Champions League final as an example. He often dropped one of the strikers into midfield to make United more defensively solid. Tevez was usually more central with Rooney and Ronaldo wider. The player usually brought in midfield was Park. (The guy never stopped running)

Something like this (Take Hargreaves out for Park and you get the idea
View attachment 295937

Why would that be? a front 3 running riot and interchanging.

well, judging by the sticky guide on this forum, strikers should be on same duty in all fluidities except very fluid. So either this is a counter/defensive/contain very fluid formation, or it would very much suck...

perhaps something like this:

Last edited:
well, judging by the sticky guide on this forum, strikers should be on same duty in all fluidities except very fluid. So either this is a counter/defensive/contain very fluid formation, or it would very much suck...

When reading all those "tactic guide" kind of posts, you have to realize that they are just a guideline and aren't saying things won't work if you try anything else. + you're right it is very fluid. I'm in the process of trying to create it now. It's more of a 4-4-2 than a 4-3-3 like i originally said.

When reading all those "tactic guide" kind of posts, you have to realize that they are just a guideline and aren't saying things won't work if you try anything else. + you're right it is very fluid. I'm in the process of trying to create it now. It's more of a 4-4-2 than a 4-3-3 like i originally said.

I am writing guides myself, and the sticky on this forum is correct, although doesn't mention all roaming roles and duties, like cwbs or iwbs...

notice that I'm exploiting the left flank, but if you want him on aml, he should be a raumdeuter...

Yeah i would caught between IF and Raumdeuter. I've never really used one so i guess i'll give it a go

Lost the first league game against West Brom 4-3. Their first goal was just a 35 yard screamer, second penalty, third thumbled in the box and ended up in the net, forth set piece.

Lost the first league game against West Brom 4-3. Their first goal was just a 35 yard screamer, second penalty, third thumbled in the box and ended up in the net, forth set piece.

it's not good then..

it's not good then..

It's bad because i lost the first game? Aren't you suppose to be someone who creates guides? you should know as well as anyone that tactics take time to gel and obviously need tweaking as you're testing. If you give up on a tactic after losing the first game then you're playing FM wrong

It's bad because i lost the first game? Aren't you suppose to be someone who creates guides? you should know as well as anyone that tactics take time to gel and obviously need tweaking as you're testing. If you give up on a tactic after losing the first game then you're playing FM wrong

I wouldn't give up on a tactic, but I would reload and make changes...you did something wrong..

I wouldn't give up on a tactic, but I would reload and make changes...you did something wrong..

wow u reload every time u lose surely thats not creating a tactic just trial n error until u stumble on to something and would u need drop deeper and play narrower when chosing defensive/counter mentality as it naturally does it surely u just b defending on your goal lne inviting pressure

wow u reload every time u lose surely thats not creating a tactic just trial n error until u stumble on to something and would u need drop deeper and play narrower when chosing defensive/counter mentality as it naturally does it surely u just b defending on your goal lne inviting pressure

yes, that kinda explains counter attacking...plus when they commit forward, you send a direct ball up and hit them on the break...I still have no clue what kind of settings he used...I beleive mine are correct, although I havent tested this not even for a single match...with this tactic anyway...

Last edited:
yes, that kinda explains counter attacking...plus when they commit forward, you send a direct ball up and hit them on the break.
i disagree bout counter attacking you dont need to be defending deep and soak up pressure just look at dortmund