Sir Alex Ferguson Challenge: Everton Edition

shaungt

Reaction score
View attachment 56064

Welcome

So I remember reading a thread on FM16 (Sir Alex Ferguson Challenge) and really liked the idea of trying it out. Below is the outline of the challenge, requirements and goals.
View attachment 56063 View attachment 56062 View attachment 56061

So anyway I started a new FM18 career and went on holiday until November 6th. When returning from holiday 19th placed was actually my beloved Everton, so I was quite pleased to do the challenge with the team I actually support. So as you can see above, my aim is to stay at Everton for 20+ years and bring the glory days back.

This is how the league was looking like, Everton's results and their summer transfers
View attachment 56060 View attachment 56059 View attachment 56058

So as you can see, we had only won 1 league game all season which was the derby! We're still in the league cup but 3rd in the Europa League group only a point behind 2nd placed Koln. Quite gutted that big Sam sold Jags for only 500k and replaced him with Benalouane for 5.75m rising to 8.25m.

Anywho - Please follow my story and comment for any tips! I will update the story after each month of my season!

Wish me luck!!

First Things First

My first act as Everton manager was to mutually terminate Sammy Lee's contract. My first choice to replace Sammy was ex-Everton assistant Steve Round but I wasn't willing to meet his high wage demands as he was more interested in a Director of Football role. I opted for Wolfgang Rolff. I sacked a number of scouts and replaced them with younger, better scouts.
I brought Leon Osman, Dave Watson and Phil Neville back to the club as U18 coach, U23 coach and first team coach retrospectively. I also employed Dave Billows as a fitness coach and Bruno Martini for GK coach.

Now that I have sorted my staff out it was time to concentrate on the first team.
The tactics I have chosen are
View attachment 55938 View attachment 55937 View attachment 55936

These are tactics that I have found very successful for me previously.

Idrissa Gueye was wanted by PSG, so I offered him a pay rise which he accepted!
I have agreed to sell Stekelenburg in January for 1mil to Krasnodar.
I have transfer listed; Schneiderlin, Williams, Garbutt and Connor Grant.

Now I'm ready for my first match against Watford at home...

Should be a decent challenge, especially considering Everton have a pretty decent squad! Expect to be seeing you higher up the league in no time. Good luck! :)

November 2017

It is now 2nd December 2017, I am quite pleased with my first few games as Everton manager...

View attachment 55935

Very happy with my start, apart from my trip to Bournemouth which I want to forget about quickly. DCL and Vlasic have been amazing for me! Tosun has been scoring for fun!

Pickford has missed the games with injury, he is now back to training and will start my next game! My win in the Euro cup has put me in 2nd place! So all positives so far!

Should be a decent challenge, especially considering Everton have a pretty decent squad! Expect to be seeing you higher up the league in no time. Good luck! :)

Thanks mate, I'm pretty confident in the squad, it is the injury list that is the problem. Pickford is yet to play for me yet and Coleman, Rooney and McCarthy as well.

Thanks mate, I'm pretty confident in the squad, it is the injury list that is the problem. Pickford is yet to play for me yet and Coleman, Rooney and McCarthy as well.
Yeah I have to say I feel like it's something with this year's game tbh, in my story I'm also getting tons of injuries, most of them really long-term as well...

Yeah I have to say I feel like it's something with this year's game tbh, in my story I'm also getting tons of injuries, most of them really long-term as well...

Yea definitely out of all my career games I've started on this year's one I've barely ever had a fully fit squad