Sir Alex Ferguson Challenge

March

Europa Conference League 2nd knockout round
Aston Villa v FC Midtjylland

6jYRACr.png

We came very close to going out here as squad rotation nearly failed us but we crept back in with 3 minutes to go and then made it through on penalties

Manchester City v Aston Villa

s7mot2x.png

This was always a tough game and we stayed in it and gave ourselves a chance but it wasn't to be.

Aston Villa v Newcastle United

r4Q69nh.png

Newcastle just couldn't compete as we went in at half time 2 up and then the sending off let us get another couple of goals as well.

Sheffield United v Aston Villa

av3i4sa.png

This simply wasn't good enough but they are fighting for survival but we should of had enough to beat them

League

[Imgur](https://i.imgur.com/2NPJu0I.png)

We have moved into 3rd spot now and we have a nice 9 point lead over 5th so Champions League football would be huge for us.

Youth Intake

The overall intake was really poor but we do have one player who might make it one day in Jack Simmonds

1dbNRON.png

rzftwB1.png

NXGN 2023

So one of our players has only gone and got the top spot on the list of the top 50 best wonderkids in world football and to think he only cost us £10 million in the summer.

cLLrVNQ.png

April

vEN1NhV.png

Only 2 months of football to go this season and its going to get busy if we stay in Europe​

Last edited:
April

Aston Villa v Wolves

uN4aZ84.png

A drab draw in a game we should of been taking all 3 points.

Europa Conference League Quarter Final
Aston Villa v AEK

u5hQSpF.png

We rotated the squad a bit here and it paid off as we take a decent lead into the 2nd leg

Fulham v Aston Villa

UAAxLEh.png

Our regulars come back in and Adeyemi has shown he's much better than Ings up top.

Europa Conference League Quarter Final
AEK v Aston Villa

YMDwZ8y.png

We were able to rotate the squad again here and it nearly cost us but our first leg lead was enough to reach the semi finals

Aston Villa v West Brom

mEfziGJ.png

Being able to rotate the squad in Europe is paying dividends in the league now as we can go out fighting to make sure we hold onto Champions League football.

West Ham v Aston Villa

YR3MuDx.png

We got pushed all the way here but Barry was able to come on with 15 minutes to go and hit a screamer from just outside the area to get us the 3 points.

Aston Villa v Brentford

AK3xy1R.png

Brentford really went for it and we even struggled against 10 men but we got the 2nd goal and got the win.

Europa Conference League Semi Final
Sassuolo v Aston Villa

Ub2XYhu.png

Well this didn't go to plan and I was worried we were going to have a mountain to climb but at least we only have a goal deficient to get back at home.

League

5iSpVK4.png

Champions League football looks like its in the bag for us bar anything going horribly wrong for us.

May

Ym3Vrj2.png

The Europa Conference League will be our main focal point this month while trying to pick up some points against Leeds and Burnley​

May

Leicester v Aston Villa

rt3w30y.png

We needed to keep everybody fresh so we rotated the squad and it cost us as Leicester were deserved winners/

Europa Conference League Semi Final 2nd Leg
Aston Villa v Sassuolo

dPy68ND.png

We needed a big result here and we went and delivered thanks to Adeyemi who I can see us struggling to hold onto come the summer

Burnley v Aston Villa

UGxW3d3.png

Disappointing to lose the game late on which we've done a few times this season.

Aston Villa v Arsenal

M77wTxw.png

What a result for us and what a game for Reiss Nelson against his old club as he gets two goals before being subbed for Watkins.

Leeds United v Aston Villa

TW1pkkb.png

We rotated again as we looked towards the final next and we were lucky to get the point.

Europa Conference League Final
Aston Villa v Valencia

56X0EqC.png

Well we've managed to do the double as its the hottest wonderkid on the market that makes the difference within the opening 20 minutes. Onana has been key for us all season and he was the difference here in keeping Valencia out.

Aston Villa v Liverpool

oN6C4Y1.png

We were on a high and Liverpool put out a weekend team and sadly we still couldn't beat them but at least we got the draw to finisht he season.

League

7sD8OJV.png

Well we managed to hold onto third thanks to our goal difference so we will be playing in the Champions League next season.

Budgets

0redOWn.png

Not the best budget in the world when we're competing in the Champions League but we get to keep all transfer funds made to top it up.

Plans for Next Season

Well we need to bring some more quality into the team and will only be looking to bring the right players into the team as I don't want to be throwing money away and really need to try and build on what we have. I'll also be looking to add more British talent rather than going abroad to help with registration rules in the league​

Preseason 3

Transfers Out

We needed to shift some players out to get to get the transfer funds up and reduce the wage budget.

ldCHm3x.png

We've got 3 big transfers going out. Eriksen was always planned as a quick solution for some cash so I wasn't hesitant to let him go. Martinez was also second fiddle so I wasn't going to turn down that sort of cash for him and it clears £100,000 off the wage budget as well. Finally we let Douglas Luiz join Dortmund as he was looking to go and we could of probably got more if we held on but he was further down the priority for us so we cashed in.

Transfers In

Noni Madueke

K8Y7pXa.png

I was looking for a new RW and I wanted somebody to come in and grow at the club and be happy as a backup at first and playing in the cup and Madueke fits that bill even though he's been a key player for PSV the last few seasons.

Declan Rice

vLiGCKO.png

Declan Rice was transfer listed by West Ham so I was daft not to go after him before a bigger club went for him. He will be key in the midfield along side Gallagher.

Dean Henderson

h9AYs14.png

We needed a keeper to replace Martinez and Henderson could be a key player in the cups for us as he is going to be given his chances to keep him in the England squad.

Aaron Hickey

0xld209.png

I wanted a younger LB as backup as Young is now 37 and signed a player coach so Hickey will take over from him and he can hopefully keep to develop as well.

Emile Smith Rowe

VSItQxO.png

Our final signing is another young player who can make his way into the England squad soon as we look to play him as an AMC.

Expectations

a1jO6ay.png

Some pretty standard expectations for the league and cups but the Champions League expectations might be a bit much depending on who we get in the draw.

Youth Player Promoted

Paul Holmes came through our first youth intake and I will be looking for him to make the step up this season.

dVDvCyJ.png

Friendlies

c7wGaxh.png

We had two poor results here but we also had big wins over Real and Barca even if they put out youngsters against us.

August

t6ohLMK.png

A tough game against City to start but we should be able to get something against West Ham hopefully.​

August

Transfers

Apart from a number of youth players going out on loan the only other to leave the club this month was Emiliano Buendia who joined Porto for an upfront £40 million with another £20 million in instalments.

We also had to fight off a number of bids for Adeyemi who is now unhappy but we have him for another couple of seasons and want to get the most we can for him.

MvpNNW8.png

We did well here considering as we came from behind twice but sadly it wasn't enough but what can you really expect against a team that has Lewandowski and Haaland making up the strike force.

Aston Villa v West Ham

eVnY4N5.png

I was hoping for a bigger response especially with how well we played against City but we struggled here as the goal came from a corner.

League

dB0L7Ao.png

Its only 2 games so nothing to worry about really.

Champions League Draw

PvAZguN.png

Not the easiest of groups to get out of here so I will be happy with 3rd and to drop down to the Europa League.

September

2z1VU6N.png

A tough month for the league as we face both Chelsea and Liverpool along with starting our defence of the Carabao Cup​

September

Chelsea v Aston Villa

hPzhGQi.png

We came so close and probably deserved a point but sadly Chelsea just managed to show that extra bit of quality.

Aston Villa v Blackburn

ySMmSay.png

A better game but Blackburn really made us work for it to be a convincing win.

Champions League
Dortmund v Aston Villa

ZnNR2Eb.png

I'm both pleased and disappointed with this result as we did excellent to get a draw in Germany but also disappointed after Luiz tried to do us a favour and let us play against 10 men for 20 minutes we just couldn't break them down.

Liverpool v Aston Villa

yCnwL0n.png

After taking an early lead I thought we might have been in with a chance but the goal on the stroke of half time took it out of us and we just never got back in the game after that.

Carabao Cup 3rd Round
Aston Villa v Newcastle

JwDYshu.png

A tale of two halves here as we looked like be could run away with this game up to half time and then undone by an excellent 2 minutes of football from Newcastle but we scrap through thanks to a last kick of the game goal from Nelson.

Aston Villa v Brighton

Mc2ryNx.png

A better game in the league this time as we pick up a well needed 3 points.

League

kuZFfan.png

We've moved up to 10th spot and we're still in touching distance but again only 6 games played so far so nothing to worry about

October

nLTOBtz.png

We're going to have to go after sporting as we need a result against them at home to try and ensure 3rd spot at the worst. We do have winnable games in the league as well which is good​

Last edited:
October

Champions League
Aston villa v Sporting CP

mTRP1LZ.png

We needed a result here to make sure we could get 3rd at least and we delivered in front of our own fans Watkins really stepped up after coming in for the injured Adeyemi.

Arsenal v Aston Villa

v1KIGI9.png

Nothing worse when your building a young team and then a 37 year old goes and scores the winning goal but Arsenal were just the better team today.

Aston Villa v Southampton

9xombkG.png

Much better as Adeyemi comes back into the team. Smith Rowe has been great since he joined and he was involved in all 3 goals today.

Champions League
Aston Villa v Inter Milan

2bwnAGI.png

I couldn't of asked for anything else here. We hit Inter on the counter for our goal and it was a well earned point in my eyes.

Bournemouth v Aston Villa

5b6pjH6.png

We had to rotate some of the squad here due to fitness levels. Hickey was the stand out player though as he scored a screamer from about 30 yards out for his goal.

League

CtT9WQ5.png

We're slowly moving up the table and staying where we need to be.

November

3XsKgmE.png

We have two big games in the Champions League which will again be my focus as thats where the cash is so we need to try and pick up some results but we are also lucky for the games we have either side of them as well in the League​

November

Carabao Cup 4th Round
Aston Villa v Bournemouth

6qnzG23.png

We did brilliantly to get back into the game after being 2 down after 32 minutes after we made some subs at half time and then Dean Henderson was the hero in the penalty shootout saving two penalties

Aston Villa v Fulham

KNUXNC6.png

A nervy 2nd half for us where we were lucky that Fulham couldn't take advantage of their goal just before half time.

Champions League
Inter Milan v Aston Villa

Yc2BGvE.png

Not a bad result on our trip to Italy considering the team inter have.

Aston Villa v Burnley

mlCzOxf.png

A European hangover saw us struggle here and we only got the equaliser thanks to their sending off.

Everton v Aston Villa

maIgjXQ.png

I thought we'd managed to through this one away as well late on but thankfully Olise came bursting into the box from the right wing and got the winner.

Champions League
Sporting CP v Aston Villa

J7pTSpK.png

I feel we could of done a bit better here but we've got to be happy with a point as it still leaves us with a change of getting out the group stages.

League

BMJJlza.png

We hold onto 7th spot and still only 7 points off top spot so you never know what could happen at this stage.

December

mP4O8FD.png

Some tough games in the league this month but the main game will be Dortmund as we sit one point above them in 3rd in the Champions League so we need to make sure we at least draw. We still have a chance of 2nd if Inter beat Sporting as well​

December

Aston Villa v Newcastle United

HYCgAce.png

Not a lot to be said here apart from that we should of done better.

Champions League
Aston Villa v Dortmund

lGjBnCE.png

Dortmund had to go for it here and we made them pay as we tore them apart as they attacked and this ensured that thanks to the other result we finished 2nd in the group

Tottenham v Aston Villa

OqLiYna.png

We had to rotate the squad due to fitness levels again but our backups were good enough to come in and get the 3 points.

Aston Villa v Manchester United

8K5yiXA.png

Its taken us 5 games but we've finally beaten Manchester United as Adeyemi fired home a well placed shot for the only goal of the game.

Aston Villa v Wolves

KB3voGh.png

Adeyemi is on fire at the moment as he bangs in a hat-trick. I really hope we hold onto him next month.

Carabao Cup Quarter Final
Aston Villa v Brighton

ucS9aLa.png

So close to making the semi final but sadly undone by a well worked set piece to take it to penalties as our veteran Ashley young got a rare game and sadly missed his penalty to send us out.

Aston Villa v Coventry

poGDy1n.png

What a result as we record our largest win under my management as Adeyemi hits another hat-trick as the other goals all come from midfield to show the quality that we have there.

League

n5ap4Be.png

We've held onto 7th spot again and still only a 7 point gap to top spot.

Champions League Group

mnwlsbc.png

Well we managed to finish 2nd which is above my expectations as all I wanted was 3rd as I thought we could of won the Europa League but we march on and will now face Athletico Madrid.

January

RHoOm7E.png

A busy month again with 8 games and we have a horrible tie in the FA Cup against Liverpool which I'm not hopeful about​

January

Transfers

So we only had one piece of business during this window and that was selling club captain Tyrone Mings to Sporting CP for £26million. He was the 5th choice centre back so we decided to cash in on him while we could and clear his £80,000 a week off the wage budget and I feel we got a decent price for him.

We had also agreed to sell Adeyemi to Juventus for £80million as they activated his release clause and we had lined up Dominic Calvert-Lewin as his replacement for £60million but it all fell apart when Adeyemi thankfully turned Juventus down.

Southampton v Aston Villa

We did enough to get through this game but Southampton did make it hard for us.

Aston Villa v Arsenal

VjUkHuz.png

Arsenal do the double over us this season as again they were the much better team and deserved their win

Leicester v Aston Villa

D2IcvCd.png

A much better performance here as we bounce back with Adeyemi finding his shooting boots and getting another brace.

FA Cup 3rd Round
Liverpool v Aston Villa

FR7oynF.png

I didn't expect us to get the win here and Liverpool proved me right as they got off to a flyer thanks to a defensive mistake.

Fulham v Aston Villa

be4iu4H.png

We take full advantage of Fulham's poor form here and again Adeyemi gets another 2 goals.

Aston Villa v Bournemouth

LP3x13M.png

Adeyemi is on fire. The teams further down the table just can't cope with us at all.

Coventry v Aston Villa

gR0l3vd.png

Sadly not another 7-0 win but Coventry are much better and make us really work for it as we struggle to a 2-0 win.

Leeds United v Aston Villa

0lolPxP.png

Leeds are flying high just now in the league and we had to fight back to be able to beat them and it just shows the quality we have in the squad.

League

E4IotGR.png

We're up to third in the league now and only 5 points from first. Can we put a title run together in the 2nd half of the season.

February

xgfZdRW.png

3 huge games in a row. could really have done with these split up but we'll give it our all as usual in the 3 of them.​

February

West Ham v Aston Villa

1TIZMLx.png

We did well to fight back from 1-0 down to get the draw.

Aston Villa v Manchester City

MkOvWxq.png

Adeyemi is the difference it seems when it comes to playing the big boys as he scores a great hat-trick against a great City team

Champions League 1st Knockout Round
Aston Villa v Atletico Madrid

0rhlq8Z.png

What a performance. We needed to make a statement at home as it will be tough in Spain but we should now make it into the quarter finals now.

Manchester United v Aston Villa

F0CEYv7.png

What a first half for the neutrals as its a back and forth game but it seemed to take it out of all 22 players on the park as the 2nd half was nothing in comparison and we even struggled after their sending off.

Aston Villa v Leeds United

LrinTyv.png

A routine win against Leeds who are still competing with us for the final Champions League spots

League

wMfNcf4.png

We hold onto 3rd for now but with 10 games left to go then there is still the potential for a slip up

March

p1Bke7w.png

A nice short month thanks to the international break and a decent 3 games in the league as well​

March

Wolves v Aston Villa

Fk7xonz.png

This game let us fully rotate the squad but sadly it didn't pay off as a bore draw is all that we got

Champions League 1st Knockout Round
Atletico Madrid v Aston Villa

g4pAZbK.png

We gave it our best shot bud sadly it wasn't enough but we still progress thanks to our first leg score

Aston Villa v Tottenham

kiDQI4C.png

We had a European hangover it seems as Tottenham out played us completely and a 1-0 loss flattered us

Newcastle United v Aston Villa

7tNhpmc.png

We have conceded a few goals early this season and had to fight back but in the 2nd half we took control of the game and got the win thanks to our wingers yet again.

League

5NAjtPy.png

We're back down to 4th now but I feel that should be the lowest that we go with the games we have remaining

Youth Intake

We have what looks like 2 decent players coming through our intake this season and they may one day make the team

Hd0ZLEf.png

Niels Guerts

qUoNQHL.png

He has some decent physical stats but will need to work hard on the rest of him game to develop into a decent player

Ceri Cummings

oYlfuQc.png

Looks a bit more of a decent player but again will have a lot of hard work to do to reach his potential and make the first team

April

PXDyy4C.png

A tough draw in the Champions League where we face Bayern but we have favourable games around the games which should let us rest some players to keep them fit​

April

Aston Villa v Everton

OIFaJoc.png

What a first half again as we ran riot. Safe to say we definitely perform better in the opening half of games when our fitness levels are at their peak.

Champions League Quarter Final
Aston Villa v Bayern Munchen

cyydMp8.png

Really the best we could of asked for here especially after playing the final 20 minutes with 10 men and at least we take something to Germany

Burnley v Aston Villa

7xIdVwF.png

We rotated the squad here for the champions league game and it cost us as we should be beating Burnley

Champions League Quarter Final
Bayern Munchen v Aston Villa

32s3sJi.png

Well we bow out of the Champions League which we deserve to do as we're still someway off Europe's best.

Aston Villa v Leicester

tvz24VJ.png

We rotated the squad again here and we got lucky with the draw and Leicester really deserved to win this game.

Blackburn v Aston Villa

oP1pkPa.png

Finally back to winning ways as Olise steps up here to show he can mix it with the best of them with an excellent brace.

League

ac6Wf4A.png

We still have a very slim chance at the title and have a 4 point lead over 5th spot now as well.

May

onjJC6e.png

2 horrible games to finish the season off which we could do without when trying to finish in the top 4​

May

Aston Villa v Chelsea

FvmbgKE.png

What a start to the month as Adeyemi runs riot and this should reside Chelsea to the Europa Conference League for next season

svauKOa.png

svauKOa.png

A really poor result here even if it is better than I expected after going 2-0 down and we were lucky not to lose in the end as Brighton also missed a penalty to make it 3-2

Aston Villa v Liverpool

UjqQHss.png

Liverpool continue their run against us as they brush us aside here in the final game of the season/

League

Lh67YF6.png

Well we finish 3rd in the league which boosts us reputation massively and hopefully help us get a better draw in next season's Champions League. Big shock with Arsenal finishing in the bottom half of the table as well with Newcastle slowly creeping up as they make use of their new found wealth.

Budgets

qENhtQe.png

We have some decent cash to spend for next season on transfers and we also see our budget increased by £300,000 a week

Plans for Next Season

Our only plan is to bring in some more quality to help us with our task of winning the Champions League. We will again be looking to British talent and will sell off some of the non British players to increase our budgets and free up the wages. I will be looking to finish in the top 4 again and hopefully get a cup run put together as well as progressing in the Champions League past the group stages again​

Preseason 4

Transfers Out

Again we looked to shift some players out to make cash so we could bring in players more suited to what we're wanting to build here/

SlOnl2q.png

Newcastle came in and spent over £110m on two of our players and we made a huge profit off of both Kamara who we signed on a free transfer and Zakharyan who only cost us £12m. Both were first team players but I wanted to make way for British players of the same quality. The other big mover was Olise and I couldn't stand in his way as PSG came in for him with a bid of £70m when he only cost us £17m. He also had a clause in his contract that he would be on over £200k after 5 international appearances and was sitting on 3 so was happy to shift him before he hit that.

Transfers In

We've made a total of 4 signings so far who can all add real quality to the team.

Fikayo Tomori

48ChlZJ.png

With Kamara going it was important to bring in a leading English CB so we signed Tomori from AC Milan for £60m. He's a current England international and will slot in nicely.

Jack Grealish

yMFfAe8.png

The club icon returns. He was fed up of not getting enough game time at Manchester City so we spend £50m for him to return to the club and we'll make sure he now finishes his career here as well. We did have to make him our highest paid player to get him back.

Kieran Tierney

Z6iDDia.png

We break our transfer record to go and sign a world class LB from Arsenal who are struggling at the moment as we spend £85m and hopefully he'll be worth every penny and stay at the club for a good few years.

Dominic Calvert-Lewin

THnEcOX.png

He was transfer listed by Everton for £31m so it was daft not to go and bring him in to play 2nd fiddle to Adeyemi but he can also play down the wings as well so will get plenty of game time over the season. We even managed to beat PSG to his signature so it shows the pulling power we are starting to attract.

Expectations

zO7F3N7.png

Nothing out of the ordinary here and no real changes from last season either. I do expect us to finish in the top 4 again and hopefully we can get past the 3rd round of the FA cup since we haven't managed it the last 2 seasons.

Youth Player Promoted

I have decided to promote Kerr Smith from the reserves this season

MCqG27e.png

He made his Scotland debut over the summer to show how far he's come. He has spent the last couple of seasons out on loan first at Oxford in League 1 and then in the Championship with Cardiff last season where he made 27 starts.

Friendlies

pzBdOWT.png

Not the best start losing against Celtic but at least we stepped it up once the fitness came back and we even manged a good draw against Bayern.

August

cx1pqFh.png

Not the best start having to play Liverpool in the first game and then Newcastle is slowly becoming a force as well especially since we keep selling them players.

August

Aston Villa v Liverpool

vKIj9bz.png

Well if this doesn't send out a statement of where we want to be this season then I don't know what will as we finally beat Liverpool for the first time in 3 seasons.

Newcastle United v Aston Villa

HWmT0Tm.png

For once Newcastle seem to be spending their money well and are slowly improving so a point there is always good and I'm glad none of the players I've sold them have come back to haunt us.

Bristol City v Aston Villa

m25GXhA.png

Bristol City didn't have a chance here with our quality and what a way to start the scoring than Jack Grealish getting on the score sheet and getting his 2nd stint at the club off to a flyer

League

V2IhJj1.png

Not going to go into much as we've only played 3 games

Champions League

rjxYYfM.png

I'm actually quite happy with this group as we should be able to beat Porto and Besiktas and feel we can give Juventus a run for their money

Transfers

Well on deadline day there was one final player to leave the club as we say Solet leave to again Newcastle to make way as he wanted to leave the club and again we made a big profit off of him.

T2JDHDJ.png

We did however make to deadline day purchases ourselves as well one to fill the hole left by Solet in defence and another to add more depth in midfield.

Ben White was transfer listed by Arsenal for £29.5m so I thought it would be daft not to bring him in as I feel we can get him back into the England squad as he becomes a starting CB for us

Gwd2EOS.png

Next player to come in on deadline day was another transfer listed player this time by Leeds and he had spent a fair bit of time on the transfer list as we sign Kalvin Phillips for £63m so hopefully it pays off as he was quite expensive but at least at 28 brings experience.

3WUVR7y.png

Squad

We've not got the biggest squad out there but I feel we have real quality here that means we can hopefully make a push this season for a trophy of some sort. We have also now got it down to 3 non UK players who we can hopefully swap out t over the next season or two as well

uNchRfM.png

September

upTQWZY.png

Chelsea and Man City this month and our first game in the Champions League.​

September

Aston Villa v Chelsea

H2aIwzv.png

Another scalp taken in our race to the title. Lukaku did worry me with his two goals but we do just enough to get the 3 points.

Champions League
Besiktas v Aston Villa

NAHbtIc.png

This was a much harder game than I was expecting and we only get the win thanks to an own goal and we should be doing better if we want to get past Porto and Juventus

v6TbhmB.png

Man City probably deserved the 3 points here but thanks to our set pieces we get a goal and grab a lucky point.

Aston Villa v Wolves

wlN9a5g.png

Wolves too an early lead to put us on the backfoot but we fought back thanks to our attacking players and then Dominic Calvert-Lewin gets his first goal for the club as well coming on as a sub

Aston Villa v West Ham

SzEdPey.png

We finally keep a clean sheet which is nice and Smith Rowe gets on the score sheet again to show how good he is and can hopefully get him in the England squad.

League

RDFyoPC.png

6 games in and we sit top on goal difference. Lets see how the rest of the season pans out

October

WD3iAzQ.png

Champions League in full swing with another 2 games and then the big one against Man Utd as well​