Sir Alex Ferguson hit with five-match touchline ban by FA

• Thread starter Thread starter CtPauley
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 96
  • Views Views 6K
Avram Grant's interview after FA cup

"Until they scored the goal, he gave fouls and penalties, everything for them.
It was a penalty for us at the end and he didn’t give it. Maybe he felt a little bit weak,”

How this didn't make a news is beyond me.

You spoke too soon lol, he had just been charged.

Avram Grant's interview after FA cup

"Until they scored the goal, he gave fouls and penalties, everything for them.
It was a penalty for us at the end and he didn’t give it. Maybe he felt a little bit weak,”

How this didn't make a news is beyond me.

the FA has just announced that Avram has been charged for these comments although now sure what the punishment is yet.

I don't think they should be allowed to communicate with anyone involved in the game.

Otherwise there's no real disadvantage of a touchline ban.

They can easily be involved in dressing room.Who will stop you from using your phones there.

And also like i said, Asst Manager can call any of his coaching staff. FA cant ban using phones.

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 PM ----------

You spoke too soon lol, he had just been charged.

the FA has just announced that Avram has been charged for these comments although now sure what the punishment is yet.

****** ****. Did i jinx him then :S

They can easily be involved in dressing room.Who will stop you from using your phones there.

And also like i said, Asst Manager can call any of his coaching staff. FA cant ban using phones.

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 PM ----------

****** ****. Did i jinx him then :S

i think you may have done lol, now complain about Tony Pullis and Arsene Wengers comments after the Sunderlad and Barcelona (although thats a UEFA matter) and maybe they'll get charged.

i think you may have done lol, now complain about Tony Pullis and Arsene Wengers comments after the Sunderlad and Barcelona (although thats a UEFA matter) and maybe they'll get charged.

I'm no Calum to jinx anything ;)

Grow up? For posting their opinion?

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger was given a 12-game ban from the dugout for pushing a fourth official in 2000 but that was reduced to one game on appeal.

Joss, Can you see the difference..

Jeez - wtf has this this got to do with either Arsenal or AW? You act like I'm trying to troll the thread when all I'm doing is trying to congratulate the FA and voice MY opinion that it's a little immature to go on and on about how the FA will let him off because they love him or whatever it might be.

Something you have been doing since Page 1:

But FA are Fergie's puppets. How is it even possible.

I would say, yes the ban is justified but lot of people need to take their head of their **** before making ridiculous statements about FA favoring United.

people believe what they want to, rather than actually looking at the facts

Exactly. Fergie gets away with everything.

Next day Fergie is banned.

Tune changed to: About time. He got away with a lot.

Good to see you're allowed your opinion, and are allowed to be sarcastic about it, then when I openly criticise people who are saying that, you jump on my back. (H)

I dont think anyone said the same to you when you posted so many stats to say You have a chance to beat barca.

Just WTF? Why would I be immature for believing Arsenal could (and we did in the first leg, and came mighty close over 2 legs) win a game? Then backing up valid points with relevant statistics? In what way would I need to grow up?

Stop trying to vilify me for absolutely nothing.

People are making such a big deal out of this *yawn*. If a footballer can't play his best just because his manager isn't on the touchline.. he shouldn't be playing football. As I said previously, Rene and Phelan are more than capable of tactically out-manoeuvring most teams.

Jeez - wtf has this this got to do with either Arsenal or AW? You act like I'm trying to troll the thread when all I'm doing is trying to congratulate the FA and voice MY opinion that it's a little immature to go on and on about how the FA will let him off because they love him or whatever it might be.

Jeez, you cant see how things can get reduced on appeal. that is the point. You call for people to grow up over saying he might get it reduced on appeal. Yet you fail to see that appeals have been greatly reduced in the past.....

Jeez, you cant see how things can get reduced on appeal. that is the point. You call for people to grow up over saying he might get it reduced on appeal. Yet you fail to see that appeals have been greatly reduced in the past.....

No I tell people to grow up for being so insistent that he will because the FA love him and this that and the other. You both knew what I meant, yet Sunlivk brings Arsenal into this to make a point about Wenger, rather than using a past Utd example. Probably a coincidence, but I'm sure SAF has had bans overturned before...

I posted about wenger as you said it is waste to appeal and people need to grow up. I just proved what an appeal can do. Simple. I dont think it was so hard to understand.

No I tell people to grow up for being so insistent that he will because the FA love him and this that and the other. You both knew what I meant, yet Sunlivk brings Arsenal into this to make a point about Wenger, rather than using a past Utd example. Probably a coincidence, but I'm sure SAF has had bans overturned before...

never said he had. But i would say if he showed an SAF over turn, people would of said " The fa are his puupets" again. :/ so he showed another manager, who lets be honest 12-1 is probalaly the biggest reduction ever. so it also highlighted the power of the appeal system.

Last edited:

I didn't want to bring Arsenal into this. I found that example and that is the biggest ban one can get still got away with only one game ban. Coincidence was It was Wenger who got away with it, and it was you who said Appealing is of no worth.

Nothing against you or Wenger.,

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

never said he had. But i would say if he showed an SAF over turn, people would of said " The fa are his puupets" again. :/ so she showed another manager, who lets be honest 12-1 is probalaly the biggest reduction ever. so it also highlighted the power of the appeal system.

**** you Scott. He not She ;)

im not even sure why my post was quoted.. i didnt single anyone out

Has just been announced that SAF will not be appealing (sensible) the 5 match touch ban given to him yesterday.

Another interesting qoute is that the FA have accepted Manchester United request that the ban starts Saturdays game against Bolton which means Fergie will be back in the dug out for the game against Arsenal which is brilliant news!

about time he gts a considerable ban sayin that wenger's probz in bigger trouble

He'll be back for the Arsenal game.. massive boost!

Back