I love the way ferguson has always liked to play attacking football using the right right blend of youth and experience. As the game has changed over the years ferguson has developed his tactics accordingly. I must admit on fm I do like to use the hair dryer on my players as well!

This is my conceptual setup so far, based on Fergusons classic approach (bands of 2, which is the rigid philosophy):

Cheers, isn't this the later years?
I will go it a go later.

Have you got the same thing but for 98/99? im looking for the Cole and Yorke and solskjaer and Sheringham set ups?

I love the way ferguson has always liked to play attacking football using the right right blend of youth and experience. As the game has changed over the years ferguson has developed his tactics accordingly. I must admit on fm I do like to use the hair dryer on my players as well!
Haha even in France they call him the "hairdryer" ! just love that nickname :p

This is my conceptual setup so far, based on Fergusons classic approach (bands of 2, which is the rigid philosophy):

Cheers, isn't this the later years?
I will go it a go later.

Have you got the same thing but for 98/99? im looking for the Cole and Yorke and solskjaer and Sheringham set ups?

Same Team Instructions, but going from Standard, Control, Attack

4-4-2

GK Defend

FB Auto
CD Defend
CD Defend
FB Auto

Winger Attack (Giggs)
Box to Box Mid (Keane)
Advanced Playmaker Attack (Scholes)
Wide Mid Attack (Beckham)

Deep Lying Forward Support (Yorke, Sheringham)
Advanced Forward (Cole, Solskjaer)

Very much a "we will score more than you" approach

Last edited:
Sports Interactive Community

That's one of the best tactics I've ever used in FM, simple but very effective. Pictures say it all (sorry it's not in english):

View attachment 339992 View attachment 339993 View attachment 339995 View attachment 339996 View attachment 339997 View attachment 339998 View attachment 339999

How is Darren Fletcher in your squad against Valencia when you sold him to Tottenham?

Hi, can you share your tactic with us?