Sir Alex happy with Current Squad

• Thread starter Thread starter hellroker
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 22
  • Views Views 2K
Well he's not going to come out and say, we're going to bid for him in the morning is he.

I personally don't know if he's going to bid for him, but either way our squad is looking good for this season.

I think Ferguson will still make a bid, he loves suprising people like what he did with chicharito and berbatov so i think Ozil will be a man utd player by 1.9.2010 :D

I think Ferguson will still make a bid, he loves suprising people like what he did with chicharito and berbatov so i think Ozil will be a man utd player by 1.9.2010 :D

Berbatov was hardly a surprise. We were linked with him for ages and Spurs just squeezed every peeny out of us. Nani and Anderson were more of a surprise.

(moved)

I dont think you can rule this out. hes gone from saying he wont sign him 3 weeks ago, to no comment either way. i get the feeling that he originally wasnt goging to(as i said on an earlier threa he operates in a similar area to anderson natural position), but anderson recent actions may have made him rethink his decison. make no mistake, ozil arriving would probably signal the end of anderson's united career

(moved)

I dont think you can rule this out. hes gone from saying he wont sign him 3 weeks ago, to no comment either way. i get the feeling that he originally wasnt goging to(as i said on an earlier threa he operates in a similar area to anderson natural position), but anderson recent actions may have made him rethink his decison. make no mistake, ozil arriving would probably signal the end of anderson's united career

I don't think so tbh. He's been playing Anderson in the central midfield role since he joined, so I think if we did sign Ozil then it could just mean that he will be using Anderson as the Scholes replacement. Although very different, that could be what the training was for and why he's been getting played out of position.

(moved)

If its a choice between Anderson and Ozil i would prefer Anderson. Ozil is a luxury player with zero defensive duties. Not sure that goes well with us. If thats the case we have berba who can play behind striker.

to be honest i dont tihnk we need ozil after the community shield if all the lads stay fit injury free as much as they can we can win the treble.i would love to see oxil at united but if ferguson isent happy or some tihnk has put him of trust in fergie.

I don't think so tbh. He's been playing Anderson in the central midfield role since he joined, so I think if we did sign Ozil then it could just mean that he will be using Anderson as the Scholes replacement. Although very different, that could be what the training was for and why he's been getting played out of position.
yeah hes trying to turn anderson into an intelligent box to box player. but hoestly it looks like that is failing, purely down to andersons attitude. signing ozil would change the way we play, but how mant times have we adapted our style and stayed successful? i really like anderson, but hes got to pull his finger out

United's midfield is by far the weakest part of the squad. Only 1 of their midfielders at most would get into any of the other top 4/5 teams. Ozil can play in the middle/wing and will provide the creativity which only scholes & possibly nani have.

On Anderson, since his injury (before he joined united) he has never lived up to his great expectations. Anderson isn't very good at tackling and rarely does long range passes anymore (probably because SAF asked him not to). I think he'll be leaving in the next few seasons.

yeah hes trying to turn anderson into an intelligent box to box player. but hoestly it looks like that is failing, purely down to andersons attitude. signing ozil would change the way we play, but how mant times have we adapted our style and stayed successful? i really like anderson, but hes got to pull his finger out

I agree on the attitude thing. He thinks he's better than everyone and doesn't want to listen to Fergie trying to change his game for the better. Hopefully this car crash will wake him up and he will pull his finger out.

after yesterdays win, i have to agree with him. although Chelsea had a lot of the possesion, we looked dangerous every time we came foward. really looking foward to next monday now.

UNITED!

And if we sign Ozil, then we cant play 4-4-2 as Ozil is average as winger. That means we are wasting so much potential in Hernandez, Macheda, Welbeck.

And if we sign Ozil, then we cant play 4-4-2 as Ozil is average as winger. That means we are wasting so much potential in Hernandez, Macheda, Welbeck.

Because Ozil is miles better than any of them.
Ozil is one of the best players off the ball I've ever seen, I can't believe someone would think signing him would be a bad idea.

Because Ozil is miles better than any of them.
Ozil is one of the best players off the ball I've ever seen, I can't believe someone would think signing him would be a bad idea.

How? How can you compare Attacking mid with strikers? Have you seen Ozil for Bremen? I think No. He is good. For quoted 14 M bargain, but i'm not getting all the want about him. Germans always plays well for NT than clubs ala Podolski.

How? How can you compare Attacking mid with strikers? Have you seen Ozil for Bremen? I think No. He is good. For quoted 14 M bargain, but i'm not getting all the want about him. Germans always plays well for NT than clubs ala Podolski.

How can I compare attacking mid with strikers? Because you're saying he would push them out of the team.
I have seen Ozil for Bremen, and I think he looks great.
By the way, you just compared Podolski and Ozil... An attacking mid and a striker, no? The difference is that Podolski is usually awful at club level. Ozil isn't.

How can I compare attacking mid with strikers? Because you're saying he would push them out of the team.
I have seen Ozil for Bremen, and I think he looks great.
By the way, you just compared Podolski and Ozil... An attacking mid and a striker, no? The difference is that Podolski is usually awful at club level. Ozil isn't.
signing ozil would mean changing our system. which so far looks very good .

if ozil is one of the best off the ball you need to watch more football. he's very good with his movement, but there are plenty of players with better off the ball movement

Last edited:
Firstly I will say I don't think it is essential that we sign anyone, I think we have a good enough squad with a good mix of experience and youth. However if we did need to improve one position it would be centre midfield.

Ozil, from what I have seen of him, would fit the bill perfectly and could be that creative spark we need in midfield, that is what we have been missing. I have hoped Anderson would have come through and play his natural role, but with his injury problems and increasing party life style I have given up hope and maybe it is time for SAF to bring in a replacement.

Firstly I will say I don't think it is essential that we sign anyone, I think we have a good enough squad with a good mix of experience and youth. However if we did need to improve one position it would be centre midfield.

Ozil, from what I have seen of him, would fit the bill perfectly and could be that creative spark we need in midfield, that is what we have been missing. I have hoped Anderson would have come through and play his natural role, but with his injury problems and increasing party life style I have given up hope and maybe it is time for SAF to bring in a replacement.

Ozil is anything but CM. He is an attacking midfielder, plays higher up. He might be handy in European games as we play 4-5-1.

Back