Site Slow as ****

Redrup

One Nerdy Gamer
Reaction score
It's annoying because since I have been playing FM2010 while browsing the forum, the loading times have suffered. Is anybody else experiencing this? Is this because of Steam?

Thanks in advance for anyone shedding light on the situation.

Yeah it has been going slow for me :(

I don't think its steam i think its the server there is loads of people Online since Football Manager 2010 came out Most users ever online was 921, 1 Day Ago at 06:04 PM. < look at that and there is normally around 70 - 100 members on during the day and now there is 170 - 200 and its more during the night so all those people on the site at once must have some effect on the server making it go slow.

I think it's the amount of online users, there's been alot of people online since 2010 was released

Yeh, Danny's right nothing to do with steam even though steam is pretty slow aswell its to do with fm 10 coming out and loads of members/guests are floading fm base making the site lag abit. Its nothing bad im playing fm 10 in windowed mode and browsing fm-base at the same time so i dont mind if it lags abit.

Having same problems glad I am not the only one takes bout 10-15 seconds for a new page to load

Thanks, guess it makes sense. Just gets frustrating when I have to keep refreshing because it doesn't let me view a thread.

Thanks, guess it makes sense. Just gets frustrating when I have to keep refreshing because it doesn't let me view a thread.

Don't keep refreshing cause when your loading a page it might get half way and then you press refresh and it has to start again, is you get me ?

So best thing to do will be click once and leave it that should make it go a little faster.

I only refresh when a page comes up that says it couldn't load up the thread.

Im pretty sure its the jump in numbers of online users on the forum. There seems to be 160+ since release of the new game, asopposed to the old 100<, but i could be wrong.

yeah the site is very slow since friday probaly because 700+ people online

i notice its not that bad late at night

Mine is pathetically slow all the time anyway as I have a rubbish router and live in the middle of nowhere so I haven't noticed too many changes

800+ online menas its slow as well 680 of them are guest (****** guest :p) also 8 spiders and don't know what the **** they are oO)

do we need new members, we already have good tactic makers such as JP woody, we have good stories going on the guests are lagging the site, im not an expert but is sean finding a way to fix it?

Now there is 184 members and 712 guests so 896 members online so that could be why it is going a little slow today.

It would be good if Sean could limit the amount of guest that are aloud on.

More members, more the site grows, possibly more revenue, could all leadto an improved site.

i tot im the only one lagging.
i need help with my signature =(
someone please help