Site Slow as ****

yeah sean has to because i cant even post some messages, just lost a whole month of southampton results to post im getting annoyed now

The site wasn't working this morning so admin were probly doing work on the site

u sure mate because usually we cant come on at all, i think its lagging but sean is doing his best im sure, doing more than us lot are lol

Yes think it due to amount online guys can i ask for some help how do i download updates such as skins and logos stuff like that using steam been trying all weekend no luck.

The site goes down when the server cannot cope with unusually immense traffic. I'm afraid that the amount of people on this site is just going to keep going up as the years go by and it will become slower aned slower unless Sean uses an external server. He simply cannot host a site of this magnitude any longer. There are 800+ online at peak times nowadays and that is too many. Even when people lose interest after the initial interest of the new game there will still remain a larger online presence than this time last year. Somebody needs to raise money for the site either through donation or through more adverts so Sean can hire a server to host the site. Otherwise we are going to have to cope with slower and slower connection speeds.

This was always going to happen after release. Not much we can do really.

yeah kris its a shame because some people just come on to download tactics not contribute in anyway, well sean is trying hard its the best he can do

It would be good if Sean could limit the amount of guest that are aloud on.

Limiting the number of guests is a bad thing (in terms of getting this site noticed). I don't want people doing a google search for FM Help (etc...) and not being able to come to this site and then finding a different site.

800+ online menas its slow as well 680 of them are guest (****** guest :p) also 8 spiders and don't know what the **** they are oO)

Spiders are just ways that search engines gather data on websites.

The site goes down when the server cannot cope with unusually immense traffic. I'm afraid that the amount of people on this site is just going to keep going up as the years go by and it will become slower aned slower unless Sean uses an external server. He simply cannot host a site of this magnitude any longer. There are 800+ online at peak times nowadays and that is too many. Even when people lose interest after the initial interest of the new game there will still remain a larger online presence than this time last year. Somebody needs to raise money for the site either through donation or through more adverts so Sean can hire a server to host the site. Otherwise we are going to have to cope with slower and slower connection speeds.

This site is already hosted on a private server (a pretty good one too). It's just the fact that this site is mainly seen as a 'download depository' so a lot of data gets transferred.

This was always going to happen after release. Not much we can do really.

Yup there's nothing I can really do about it. People naturally want to download all their FM stuff as soon as it's out so that's what they are doing. I have removed a few little things from the site though to try and decrease the server load for the time being. Hopefully next week things will start getting back to normal.

Even now at 11pm in the evening there are over 600 people online which is quite astonishing. Don't you people ever sleep? ;)

aha well its been a bit laggy for me but nothing to complain about i don't think :p

It seems reasonable tonight. I think it's just during the day when it suffers as that's when most people do their downloading.

Yeah I was about to say it seems quicker than usual. Unfortunately I sleep at night :p

I sleep with my eyes open and fingers on the keyboard! lol;)

i'm having problems on the downloads page for FM2010 everytime i try to log in it comes up with what name i logged in and re-directs me to the download page not logged in???? anyone else having this problem???

i'm having problems on the downloads page for FM2010 everytime i try to log in it comes up with what name i logged in and re-directs me to the download page not logged in???? anyone else having this problem???

people like this slow site down 280 odd downloads 1 post

QUICK GET MY TACTICS SKINS FACES AND RUN!!!!!!!

Its getting loads better now, even during the day its starting to run like normal 4-5 days ago i was pressing buttons and i had to wait 30 secs at minimum now it does it right away so the problem is sorting out.

I do think it will come back when there is more downloads for Football Manager 2010 like skins facepacks ect ect but just going to have to deal with it.