Skiing world championship

Reaction score
The skiing world championship is in Oslo this year, and the biggest event (Men's 10k relay, though I personally prefer the 50k Men's Freestyle) starts at 11:30 GMT. My link's currently showing Norwegians winning previous men's relays (we've won 11/14), as we're genetically superior and dope ourselves on brown goat's cheese, which is currently undetectable.

http://nrk.no/skivm/?pvdeventid=1239

Medals
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIS_Nordic_World_Ski_Championships_2011

As you may note, the Austrians are winning the diddy competitions - the ski jumping.

---------- Post added at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 PM ----------

Norway won (as we should) and have thus ensured our cultural, genetic and economic dominance over Sweden for another year. Northug, after destroying the others in the spring, shushed the stands as he stopped just before the finish line and stepped over.

Oh well, Finland could've done better if our first skier hadn't had poor equipment in the men's relay.

Oh well, Finland could've done better if our first skier hadn't had poor equipment in the men's relay.

Aye, but we ****** up the first and third, relatively speaking. Gjerdalen was ****! I thought Finland was gonna at least get a medal, as you started off with a massive head start on us!

It's quite typical of us to put our youngest skier as the anchor man and then see his stamina deplete against the other, more experienced anchors.

It's quite typical of us to put our youngest skier as the anchor man and then see his stamina deplete against the other, more experienced anchors.

There's not much you can do against an in-form Northug though, especially as he only kicked off ten seconds behind. You need to lose him quickly and just hope he can't catch up.

There's not much you can do against an in-form Northug though, especially as he only kicked off ten seconds behind. You need to lose him quickly and just hope he can't catch up.

Well Northug is Norwegian, he was probably born with skis attached to his feet.

Jauhojärvi and Lallukka were awesome but I somehow knew after the last exchange that Finland are going to fail in the end as always and not get a medal.

Last edited:
I do have to say that Northug was a bit tasteless with his finishing line antics.

I do have to say that Northug was a bit tasteless with his finishing line antics.

He is arrogant as ****, but then again, he came from 10 seconds behind to trash everyone.

---------- Post added at 12:12 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 10:04 PM ----------

and that's the World Championship over for this time! Norway beasted it!