Skin query & facepack & logo query. Help appreciated

fraser777

Reaction score
hi lads,

1)
Am i able to install a new skin to the beta version downloaded from this website?
If so could you please give me the address as to where to extract the skin to, i forget how i done it on 2012.

2) Can i use the facepacks & logo packs from last years FM on this years?
Please advise.

Many Thanks in advance.
Fraser

Thanks for your help mate sorry to be a pest but where do i extract or create my folders?

You need to create a graphics folder at:

My documents>Sports Interactive>football Manager 2013.

also create a skins folder (if i remember correctly-haven't used any skins for ages now so can't entirely remember)

ajt09, can you help me out with player faces? (I tried sending you a private message but I'm suspecting that it didn't go through because my 'sent messages' folder is empty.)

Ok so for some reason my player faces aren't working in FM 13. My kits and logos from FM 12 are working fine after I copied & pasted them to the FM 13 folders but the faces aren't working. Any idea as to why this is happening?

ajt09, can you help me out with player faces? (I tried sending you a private message but I'm suspecting that it didn't go through because my 'sent messages' folder is empty.)

Ok so for some reason my player faces aren't working in FM 13. My kits and logos from FM 12 are working fine after I copied & pasted them to the FM 13 folders but the faces aren't working. Any idea as to why this is happening?

Sorry for delay in replying-just had a job interview. I'm not sure why the faces aren't working. Did you put them in a seperate folder within the graphics folders? Ie "Facepack"

Yeah I did. They're in:

Football Manager 13>>graphics>>faces (I tried naming it both faces and facepacks, neither work properly)

Also I noticed that it works for some teams. For example Man Utd have player faces but Sir Alex's face isn't there. For Everton, Moyes' face is there but the players aren't there. For me (Arsenal), some of my reserve players are showing up but none of the 1st-team guys.

It's really weird.

Yeah I did. They're in:

Football Manager 13>>graphics>>faces (I tried naming it both faces and facepacks, neither work properly)

Also I noticed that it works for some teams. For example Man Utd have player faces but Sir Alex's face isn't there. For Everton, Moyes' face is there but the players aren't there. For me (Arsenal), some of my reserve players are showing up but none of the 1st-team guys.

It's really weird.

I have to admit that does have me a bit bemused. It could be the config, then again may not. I'm not very technical minded. All I can recommend is googling the problem and see what comes up-personally it's helped find answers to any technical problems I've had in the past. I don't want to suggest something that could be wong-only because I've not come across this problem before

I tried googling it but can't really find anything. Hopefully it's just a problem with the demo, would hate it if it carried over to the full version.

Thanks for you help though, much appreciated.

I tried googling it but can't really find anything. Hopefully it's just a problem with the demo, would hate it if it carried over to the full version.

Thanks for you help though, much appreciated.

No probs-will have a scout around and see if I come across anything

No probs-will have a scout around and see if I come across anything

Hey, so I've gotten an answer from someone who thinks this may be a config file issue. He said to check and make sure that all the unique IDs are ok.

Would you have any idea what this means or how to check that everything is the way it should be?

Hey, so I've gotten an answer from someone who thinks this may be a config file issue. He said to check and make sure that all the unique IDs are ok.

Would you have any idea what this means or how to check that everything is the way it should be?

Yeah the pictures have unique ID's (which you can make visible in game) for each player in the game (a number). However, I've never had a need to check them so I'm not sure what the best way is to check them unfortunately. But someone else will know about this sort of thing-there's a very knowledgeable bunch on this forum so all is not lost

Ah I see. Who do you suggest I try getting in-contact with regarding this? For some reason I don't think that I'm able to send PMs though so that might be an issue (unless one of the forums here that can have someone who fixes this is active enough where I can just make thread about it).

Not sure if you've tried this but it sounds like you just need to hit the button 'reload skin'