robdeledge

Reaction score
Hey guys this is what happens when i change to the BBC skin which i just downloaded, and i'm pretty sure it shouldn't look like this!

View attachment 9751

Oh and these are my current settings in display and sound just incase you ask:

View attachment 9753

Last edited:
I have got the same problem mate, its a pain in the *** cos i dont know what to do!

Try re loading the skin.Where did you download it from?

Try re loading the skin.Where did you download it from?
have tried reloadin but to no effect! And i got this skin and a couple others with the same problem from a dear old site called fm base(lol)

have tried reloadin but to no effect! And i got this skin and a couple others with the same problem from a dear old site called fm base(lol)
It must be something to do with your computer if its happened to more than one skin.

Sometimes if you run one skin and then start using another one, it messes with the display as I had the same thing. Don't know how to fix it though as I never did work it out

It must be something to do with your computer if its happened to more than one skin.
Well not exactly the same thing happened.....with alot of the skins the screen went black when it was changing skin and the game just crashed. The game has gone to a black screen before and i've heard its normal but this is the only time the game crashed when the screen went black

Its happened to me once with the champions league skin in January,it knacked up all the other skins too.I had to delete the skin from my files.

There is a minor issue that may or may not affect people when they install skins. I'm sure I've read a few posts where a user has installed a new skin and had the new skin's text colours affecting the default skins.

Luckily this can all be fixed very easily (and really it's something that the game should do by default). We need to create a little file to add to the 'skins' folder. Open notepad (or the mac equivalent text editor) and paste the following into it:

PHP:
<record>
    <boolean id="dont_scan" value="true"/>
    <boolean id="dont_recurse" value="true"/>
</record>
Now go to 'save as...' and select 'save as type > all files (*.*)

Call your file config.xml and save it to your skins folder.

This should prevent the default skins (or any other skins) picking up the text colours from a certain skin, making all skins look how the author intended.

EDIT:

Just in case anyone can't create their own you can download the file you need here

There is a minor issue that may or may not affect people when they install skins. I'm sure I've read a few posts where a user has installed a new skin and had the new skin's text colours affecting the default skins.

Luckily this can all be fixed very easily (and really it's something that the game should do by default). We need to create a little file to add to the 'skins' folder. Open notepad (or the mac equivalent text editor) and paste the following into it:

PHP:
Now go to 'save as...' and select 'save as type > all files (*.*)

Call your file config.xml and save it to your skins folder.

This should prevent the default skins (or any other skins) picking up the text colours from a certain skin, making all skins look how the author intended.

EDIT:

Just in case anyone can't create their own you can download the file you need here
kwl thanks sean i just did what u said there now and am gonna try download the BBC skin right away.............

wow it worked! Thanks so much Sean!!

Last edited:
if your having skin trouble then i would reccomend aloe vera gel. apply generously twice a day. clears excema right up XD

Help

Can Sean or Anyone help ,

Every skin i have now displays grey fonts incorrectly on the menu's , i have the xenon skin which works fine , as well as dark horizon. But the newest ones wont work ( Tumma , black-in09 , bbc etc etc .....

I have the config file in the skins folder , i have skin cache unchecked and reload skin ticked.

Any help guy's ???

Try this as well....

Try deleting your cache files....

How to delete your Cache files

First of all you need to turn on hidden files and folders. Go to My Computer and at the top select 'Tools' the 'Folder Options'. The go to the 'View' tab and select 'Show hidden files and folders'

Windows XP:
1. Open “My Computer”
2. Navigate to : "C: Documents and Settings\<Username>\Application Data\
3. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder.
4. Delete the “Football Manager 2009” Folder.

Windows Vista:
1. Click “Start”
2. Click your username on the start Menu
3. Click on “AppData” and then “Roaming”
4. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder
5. Delete the “Football Manager 2009” Folder.

Mac OSX
1. Open Finder.
2. Select <User>
3. Navigate to Library\Caches\Sports Interactive
4. Remove the “Football Manager XX” Folder.

Thanks for the advice Sean i cleared the cache by deleting the football manager folder and left the other 2 folders there (one was football manager certificate and the other was installer launcher)

Loaded fm 09 up , settings were cleared but when i changed from the default skin to dark skin , menu fonts were still grey. i tried unchecking show background pictures but no joy there either ......

Should i have a skins folder in C:/program files / sportsinteractive / fm / ?

Whats wierd is i didnt have this problem with the first few skins i used only the ones i've gotten recently.

Any ideas ?

Clearasil.jpg