Skrill Premier to the Premier League

sege

Reaction score
I am currently attempting to do this with Lincoln City. Only 5 games in (W-W-D-W-D).

Anyone had any success doing this, or something similar?

Also, any advice or tips would be appreciated.

Once you get promoted and are able to scout the whole British Isles, make sure you do. There are plenty of quality regens for free, or for nominal prices.

I am currently playing a save where i have taken Whitehawk F.C. from the Skrill South to the Premier League. It was tough and took 10 seasons but I've finally made it and am now making so much money I don't know what to do with it. Unfortunately I am struggling to keep up with the talent and ended up 17th last season (the very last team not relegated) If you have any other questions i can try and answer them

I downloaded and used this tactic (i am very very bad at making formations) and it seriously turned my team around and we dominated the first few lower leagues. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=190670207&searchtext=

Some other tips: I completely got rid of everyone on my U21 and U18 teams and never signed any youth players (unless a really good one came across) I also dont sign up for the U21 league. Try and use a Lot of Loan players because they can bring you great talent and save you money.

Last edited:
What is the benefit of not signing up for the U21 league?

What is the benefit of not signing up for the U21 league?

i am not 100% sure but i feel like it saves some money. since i had no players on the team i didnt sign up for the league and had no coaches

I've made it with Bristol City, when I took over the team they were in Skrill Premier and I am not in Premiership, but it's hard... My team is not great to play at that level.

I'm trying to do this with Whitehawk at the moment. Finding it quite difficult but will give that tactic a go, seems to get results!

made it to the championship with stalybridge then they sacked me for finishing just outside the relegation zone! anyone i found looking at free agents and look at player with asking price of ?0 usually get a few gems who you wouldnt never look at in any other save aha :)

I've done this twice, first with Chester, currently in the Championship with Kiddy Harriers. I make it more of a challenge by only using homegrown players from my own youth system. It takes a while, but I've taken Kiddy to league cup finals, won once and then to the Europa quarters. European competition and cup runs really hit my league form as, due to my own parameters my squad just isn't big enough to cope.

I really want to do this, the best I ever did was taking Crawley from league 2 to the Premiership on fm12. I normally like to play with an attacking mentality though and I read somewhere that it's pretty hard to get lower league teams to play well with such low quality players, can anybody confirm or deny this?

I really want to do this, the best I ever did was taking Crawley from league 2 to the Premiership on fm12. I normally like to play with an attacking mentality though and I read somewhere that it's pretty hard to get lower league teams to play well with such low quality players, can anybody confirm or deny this?

yeah I was always trying to use attacking formations in the lower leagues and it just wasnt working. I then tried that more defending tactic above it worked wonders. I think it has to do with the level of quality among the lower leagues, there just isnt enough quality to mount a great attacking tactic

I'm currently doing this challenge with Oxford City got promoted first season second season lost in play offs but am 1st with 6 games left so touch wood can make it up a league.

I have a current salisbury save from skrill to championships, Got a ground share with southampton so lots of extra income to help build up the club and squad. been back to back promotions so far but getting out of the championships is gonna be a big ask for my squad.

I've done this with Lincoln, it was really good fun. I agree with the comments about British regens, I got 3 quality Irish players in, funded by a good fa cup run, and they led me to the top. Scouring the free agents list is a must as well, there are some quality players available to you on cheapish wages.

I always have a go with Wrexham, after taking the to my fm heart after a few 10+ season careers in successive fm releases.
They come up trumps by having a large stadium to start with and after 5/6 years if you have a good HOYthDev, you get some of the best welsh intake!
Makes a change from shouting at my Watford saves anyway...

I tried it with Kidderminister Harriers (Skrill Premier) but we just couldn't cope with League 2 and got relegated straight back down.