Friendlies

View attachment 372673
A good, positive Pre-season winning 3 out of 4 games. Stared off beating Aston Villa 1-0 which i was extremely happy about, especially considering I am a Coventry fan myself. Slightly off result against Burton but i rotated the entire team with the hope of having the entire squad match fit going into the new season. Finished off with 2 dominant performances against lower league opposition but i am very please with the the amount of goals we scored.

View attachment 372671
The man on loan from Villa had a terrific preseason for us banging in 6 goals in 3 games, i just hope he can continue this early form in the league.

View attachment 372669View attachment 372668View attachment 372667

These currently are the players i have brought into the club.
Gary Gardner from Villa will fit straight into my first team.
Estaban Lopez will be a rotation option this season but actually has the potential to be a good premiership winger.
Islamovic will probably not feature alot he is purely backup for my 2 main strikers.

August

View attachment 372627
So not the greatest of opening months but with games coming thick and fast and already a couple of injuries in a small squad I can't be too disheartened.

We started the season away at Crawley Town, the scoreline doesn't do us justice, we absolutely battered them for them to score 2 in injury time, nice to start with a win though.

At Bournemouth we were winning 4-0 at half time only to be pegged back to level, managed to put one in the net in the 120th minute to proceed to round 2.

Disapointing result against Bristol in game i felt that we could have won, Bristol Cities strikers let us off in the end and 1-0 was probably not a true reflection of the match.

Another game where we were up at half time only to be pegged back in the second half, need to remind the players the match is 90 minutes long I think.

Was a really impressive win at promotion contenders Preston, we were good in this match and the result shows the game to be closer than the match actually panned out.

Reading brought us straight back down to earth and showed why they are a league above,not a lot to say hey battered us.

As above however Reading I can accept but Shrewsbury, need to be winning matches like that if we are going to overturn the points deficit and avoid relegation this season.

View attachment 372625
Still down there at the bottom, hopefully september can see us climb out of the relagation zone.

View attachment 372624
Frank Moussa earned Player of the month this time, picking up a couple of goals and assists, and was the inspiration in some of the good wins.

View attachment 372622
As you can see the only other player to come in was a youngster from Man Utd, I won't post a screen shot, he got injured for 9 months in the first training session.​

September

View attachment 372611
A brilliant unbeaten month that i am very happy about.

I slightly tweaked the tactic this month and it really sured up our defence and that was the catalyst to a good month.

We went 3-0 up against Colchester, but we managed to hold on to the victory as they made a late push at us but never really worried too much.

The draw a t 23rd placed Gillingham was fairly disappointing but i can't moan too much with how the rest of the month went for us.

Good wins against Port Vale and top of the table Brentford followed which nicely rounded off a good month that saw us overturn the point deficit.

View attachment 372609
Managed to over turn the point deficit and pouch ourselves off the bottom of the table.

View attachment 372605View attachment 372604
Couldn't decide this month so their sharing the award this month.
At the start of the season i said that both of these players would be rotation options at best after signing them, this month they have both been brilliant and gone a long way to cementing a starting place.​

October

View attachment 372575
Another good month and are pushing up the table a month at a time.
started off the month by losing at Stevenage but they were very good against us and did deserve the win.

We managed to bear oxford on penalties in the paint trophy and we progress to play AFC Wimbledon in the next round.

We went eh rest of the month unbeaten in the league picking up very good wins against wolves and l.orient, two teams looking at pushing for the league this season.

We're getting to point where I'm looking at the playoffs more than i am at the relegation zone if we continue to pick up positive results like this.

View attachment 372573
Moving clear now of the relegation zone, hopefully we can continue to push on.

View attachment 372571

Frank has been absolutely outstanding again this month, with an average rating of 7.48 picking up 6 assists and a couple of goals for himself.

Just wondering if anyone is following and enjoying this story, haven't had a lot of feedback thats all, Im enjoying the game and I'd like to keep this story going as long I'm not the only one reading it. Any feedback would be great.... Cheers

November

View attachment 372506
Had a good month this time playing well in the league and progressing in both cup competitions.

Started out with a 4-3 win against Notts County, we were actually 4-0 up in this game and i was definitely worried towards the end when i pulled it back to 4-3.
After this we had 2 pretty day wins in the cup to move on to the FA Cup 2nd round and the Semis of the paint trophy.
We went on to beat both Tranmere and MK Dons with fair ease and lost to an impressive Rotherham Side at the top of the league.

View attachment 372504
Moved up to mid-table this month, i hope with a free games coming up in December, if we continue to play this way we should be close to the Playoffs, almost unthinkable when starting at the bottom with -10 points.

View attachment 372503
The captain has been kept out of the team so far this to some youngsters but when Lopez got injured, the captain stepped up and scored 5 goals in 3 games, getting a couple of assists along the way.​

Last edited:
December/January

I got carried away and played a couple of matches into January so this 2 months rolled into one

View attachment 372366
A good couple of months overall and it has put us into a very positive position going into the new year.
We were knocked out of both cups however, on penalties in the Paint Trophy and a very close 4th round tie with West Ham in the FA cup, a match where we deserved more. Nathan Delfounso has been on fire scoring a hat full of goals these last 2 months.

View attachment 372365
Relegation worries look like there long gone, my expectations now are the playoffs and beyond.

View attachment 372364
Been amazing the over the Xmas period banging in 13 goals in the last 2 months.​

February

View attachment 372356
I am happy with the consistency that we are showing month by month, picked up another 3 wins this month, A couple against teams surrounding us in the league.

View attachment 372355

I can't quite believe how well we are doing here, pushing towards those automatic places, hopefully we can get closer to securing a playoff spot next month.

View attachment 372354
Again he was fantastic, I think this is his 3rd player of the month, he now has 15 goals and 19 assists for the season.​

March

View attachment 372218
A busy month for games and i had a lot of injuries all to defenders, I played most of the month with youngsters from the u18's in defence hence why i conceded more goals.
Barlone came in from the youth candidates to make a couple of substitute apps, I think he already has the stats to play a part in the team next year.

View attachment 372217
Still up there in 4th and going strong, just looking to hold on to that position now

View attachment 372216
Since coming back from injury he has been absolutely brilliant, wether playing on the right or left, its assist galore.​

April

View attachment 372203
Hit and miss this month really, nice win against top of the table Wolves, us beating them handed the title to Brentford, had lots of injuries to deal with this month still, all still in defence which proved difficult however youngster have done well, Barlone the product of my youth intake scored his first goal against Oldham, hopefully he can move on next season, with us losing our top scorer.

Did we make the playoffs?

View attachment 372202
Fantastic season we had making the playoffs, and I genuinely surprised we managed it.

View attachment 372200
With all the injuries we had Aaron Phillips came in at RB and showed me why i should be considering him next season.​

Season Review

All in all I i couldn't be happier with how this season played out, obviously at the start of the season we were 10 points off the rest before we even played a game and to overturn that and fight it out with the best it has been amazing. Next season is going to be tough losing our top scorer back to Villa, he is out of contract but won't sign for us unfortunately. There will be a few Youth players that i will be looking to promote to the first team and a few to loan out to further development. We go into next season hoping to stay clear of dropping back down.

Player of the Year

View attachment 372190
View attachment 372189
They obviously agreed with me.

Top Goalscorer

View attachment 372190
With 22 goals - becoming a clean sweep.

Nice work bro huge first season. Looking forward to see who you can pick up in this window. Good luck!

Transfer window doesn't look positive, we still have no money, and maybe enough wage budget to bring in 1 striker to cover for delfonso leaving, managed to tie up a few promising youngsters on long term deals though... Update later on today