Sky Exclusive: U.S. tycoon Stan Kroenke in advanced talks to take control of Arsenal

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44
  • Views Views 3K
Those entrepreneurs are dangerous, we gotta stop these things in football and keep the clubs were they belong with their fans, not some sugar daddy half-wits that appear from nowhere to use the clubs for money laundering, like Abramovich per example, sorry Chelsea fans, but it's true.

There's valid hope that Kroenke won't be a sugar-daddy, and won't riddle the club with debt through money laundering but we won't know until this whole saga is finished.

Wouldn't be surprised if Usmanov looks to sell his shares. Won't want anything to do with us now.

Wouldn't be surprised if Usmanov looks to sell his shares. Won't want anything to do with us now.

You'd think so, but AST are confident Red & White Holdings don't want to sell their 27% stake.

---------- Post added 12/04/2011 at 12:22 PM ---------- Previous post was 11/04/2011 at 09:48 PM ----------

If anyone has any questions/queries about the takeover, I've been reading a whole load of stuff over yesterday and Sunday so I'm temporarily your man! If I don't know, I'll point you in the direction of another article or something.. Need to get some FAQs sorted for an article I'm writing for the blog.

---------- Post added at 04:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 PM ----------

NEW BLOG POST: Your Questions answered! FAQs about Stan #Kroenke’s imminent takeover bid | Arsenal Report Questions and answers about Stan Kroenke’s imminent takeover bid | Arsenal Report #Arsenal

Financial straight-jacket?

Surely milking the club in the form of dividends would plunge us into debt? Just as the Glazers have done at Utd?

Bit late with the reply, but just to explain what I mean.

Currently Arsenal are working to a very strict budget in order to pay off the debt for the stadium. As this is paid off, this leaves money available to be spent elsewhere. The whole ethos of Arsenal for a few years now has been 'bread today, jam tomorrow'. Now you've got Kroenke trying to take over the club. Will the money now be plowed back into the club as investment or leave the club as dividends for your shareholders? There's nothing wrong with shareholders taking a dividend, but with the current expectations at Arsenal set where they are (decent cup run, odd challenge for a title, make sure of top four), I'd be worried that you've gone through all the years of sacrifice and then someone comes in and reaps all the rewards for it financially.

Hope that makes sense.

Back