Sky Sports' Cricket Today - Me No Like !

Dobcheev

Reaction score
Do you think that if sky didn't own all the live tv rights to this niche sport, we would even be aware of it's existence on their 'Football today' reports ? ( hence the ironic title of this post )

Does anyone else think that the amount of coverage given to cricket by sky is completely out of proportion to the importance of this neo-elitest pastime ? I mean, look at the attendances of the county games - if it wasn't for 20-20, the game would be a bankrupt anachronism.

I'd sooner watch a silly-season article about Accrington Stanley ( no offence meant, guys ) than the interminable score cards of ANOTHER england match - don't these guys ever take any time off ? I thought cricket was supposed to last from april to september - but there's no end to it - there's always a ****** cricket match going on somewhere & boy, do sky want us all to know about it !

Does anybody else feel the same ? In case you hadn't gathered - I hate cricket - It makes me MAAAD ! (H)

What the ****?

Cricket's ******* ***** IMO, shouldn't even be on Channel 5.

It does seem a little strange that it is called 'Football Today'.

However, Sky show a lot of cricket so it is just advertising for them.

So, what, are you in favour of cricket or against it?
Personally, I think football gets far to much time on SSN, but these two sports are the only two I would ever watch

Does anyone else think that the amount of coverage given to cricket by sky is completely out of proportion to the importance of this neo-elitest pastime ? I mean, look at the attendances of the county games - if it wasn't for 20-20, the game would be a bankrupt anachronism.

No. And you're wrong, simply. Just because cricket is a genteel and polite game doesn't mean that it is "neo-elitist". Just because people are expected to do the right thing rather than be told off, this is a bad thing? Twenty20 matches bring in extra income, it is true, but they're far from being the be all and end all of the cricketing income.

I'd sooner watch a silly-season article about Accrington Stanley ( no offence meant, guys ) than the interminable score cards of ANOTHER england match - don't these guys ever take any time off ? I thought cricket was supposed to last from april to september - but there's no end to it - there's always a ****** cricket match going on somewhere & boy, do sky want us all to know about it !
Oh, the irony!

Football hardly EVER stops nowadays! It runs from the start of August to the end of May, for gods' sakes. And let me add, for most of this time football is smack bang on the back of every newspaper in the land, with no other sport allowed a look-in.

niche sport

Sorry, had to single this out. The national sport of India, Pakistan and Australia? Played across the world? Sure, it may not be a big a sport as football, but there is NO WAY any rational person can claim it is a "niche sport".

Last edited:
Cricket is probably cheap to show as it isn't really that sought after and easily fills the gaps in between big sports. Although there is actually women's cricket on right now which is hilarious, I can play better cricket than that and I'm horrific. Get in the kitchen!

Although I agree there is a lot of cricket on Sky Sports but you don't have to watch it, there are probably a few people somewhere who like it..

Cricket is the world sport ever invented, Simple as that

No. And you're wrong, simply. Just because cricket is a genteel and polite game doesn't mean that it is "neo-elitist". Just because people are expected to do the right thing rather than be told off, this is a bad thing? Twenty20 matches bring in extra income, it is true, but they're far from being the be all and end all of the cricketing income.

Oh, the irony!

Football hardly EVER stops nowadays! It runs from the start of August to the end of May, for gods' sakes. And let me add, for most of this time football is smack bang on the back of every newspaper in the land, with no other sport allowed a look-in.

Sorry, had to single this out. The national sport of India, Pakistan and Australia? Played across the world? Sure, it may not be a big a sport as football, but there is NO WAY any rational person can claim it is a "niche sport".
this. you've got to love the ignorance of people sometimes

Last edited:
you've got to love the ignorance of people sometimes

I mean, I don't really mind if people don't like cricket: that's their choice. I'm not fond of basketball, but I'm sure some others are. It's when they make ridiculous accusations like cricket being a "niche sport" and "neo-elitist" that really annoys me.

England cricket team won the 20/20 world cup, england didnt 8-|
English Footballers get payed 4times as much money aswell!

Well I'll admit I hate cricket but I can see why Sky Sports show it, I know a few people that do like it.

Exactly the point I was making. World sport. Simple as.

XD

Shocking stuff out of me their, meant worst, load of posh people playing a game similar to rounders for bout 8 hours, Only people that watch it are old posh granddads who can go to the game even if they have heart problems as their wont be any excitement in the game anyway to harm it ! Also Tim Abraham is a major FAIL

Shocking stuff out of me their, meant worst, load of posh people playing a game similar to rounders for bout 8 hours, Only people that watch it are old posh granddads who can go to the game even if they have heart problems as their wont be any excitement in the game anyway to harm it ! Also Tim Abraham is a major FAIL

You sir, are a grade A ****.

I know you did, obviously.

I can't be bothered to answer this post because of sheer incorrectness issues inherent in it, past that I don't see how "posh people" (someone hasn't heard of Freddie Flintoff btw :p) playing rounders (a complete different sport) would automatically make it a bad game anyway.

Cricket is probably cheap to show as it isn't really that sought after and easily fills the gaps in between big sports. Although there is actually women's cricket on right now which is hilarious, I can play better cricket than that and I'm horrific. Get in the kitchen!

Although I agree there is a lot of cricket on Sky Sports but you don't have to watch it, there are probably a few people somewhere who like it..

Im sorry it is sought after and it is a big sport, its the 3rd most played sport in England and as its a national sport of asia it has to be one of the most played sports in world. If people didn't watch it Sky wouldn't show it mate.

I know you did, obviously.

I can't be bothered to answer this post because of sheer incorrectness issues inherent in it, past that I don't see how "posh people" (someone hasn't heard of Freddie Flintoff btw :p) playing rounders (a complete different sport) would automatically make it a bad game anyway.

Thats only one player, its only played in posh schools I heard in England and in Ireland I don't know one person who watchs it, are team is made up of reject Aussie's and English who couldn't make their team, And im not saying Rounders is a bad game it just isn't a elite sport at all. Also ..

View attachment 86444